Starbox August

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received my shipping confirmation this morning, but tracking hasn't updated yet. Could someone please tell me where they ship from and what carrier they use? The tracking was for USPS but I'm wondering if they use Newgistics or something similar? Thanks!

Mine says First Class Mail so I don't think it is partnered up with Newgistics or anyone just. Looks like just regular mail.

Ok thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I think I read on their website that they ship from the west coast so if it's FCM then mine should be here tomorrow or Monday at the latest!

ooh - I can't wait to see what you all got; I'm considering subscribing but still on the fence. It is one of the only makeup-only boxes so that's a big draw for me. 

I got mine today. Here is what is in it:

Pink Petal Rose Lipgloss

Pointed Slant Eyeliner Brush

Sculpture Infinity Cream Liner
Edit: Picture added.

Thanks for the video and picture, ladies! I am actually loving that gloss colour. I do like how their boxes are presented - presentation in a beauty box is important to me, because I like the feel of unwrapping a 'gift' :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Am I the only one that is weirded out by the pic? I am not being a prude, I can appreciate a female body but a signed picture of some random chick? I think it's weird and a little vain. Ok maybe shes not RANDOM but it was unnecessary, is this considered one of our "products"?

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Am I the only one that is weirded out by the pic? I am not being a prude, I can appreciate a female body but a signed picture of some random chick? I think it's weird and a little vain. Ok maybe shes not RANDOM but it was unnecessary, is this considered one of our "products"?
No. I opened it in front of my kids and my teenage boys were like WOW who's that... and my girls were like Moms she's half naked... as I closed it and put it away quietly.

Sex sells. If people can put sexy on something to sell it, they will...whether or not it's appropriate or applicable...look at all those ridiculous ads and commercials.

I was also not super happy with the picture in the box:( I didn't even flash the picture on my video. From the beginning of this month with the Facebook pictures I just thought it was really pushing it. They have many fans who are younger in age. I understand that sex sales but in this case it did not catch my eye. If you look at those Facebook pictures I would have never guessed a pink lipgloss at all. For a special edition I just didn't feel it was all that special. If I end up with another lipgloss next month I may cancel. It seems like they have lipgloss overload and I have way to many from them now! I am hoping for a better month. This is my least favorite box of all there boxes they have put out and shocking it was a special edition!?hmmm

Sex sells. If people can put sexy on something to sell it, they will...whether or not it's appropriate or applicable...look at all those ridiculous ads and commercials.
I understand that. But technically, a lot of us were already "sold" since we have a subscription. It just seemed weird. What am I gonna do with an autographed picture of a random girl in lingerie? A girl I don't even know who she is. And I agree with DiorAdora, the pictures did not represent what was in the box in anyway. I appreciate their creativity but the first lip gloss pics running down their lips and now this. They have too much sex appeal lol Make up makes you sexy (if you want it to) but it's not about sex.

I have to agree as well. These products didn't match her. When I saw her picture on the site I was thinking maybe some deep red lipstick, some dark liner or maybe a smokey shadow. I don't have a problem with the products themselves, merely stating that the "idea" didn't match the results.

As far as getting more lipsticks I found this reply on FB in regards to a review stating they had too much lipgloss:

Quote:

Don't worry Jessica, we aren't sending out any lip gloss in September... OOPS! Weren't supposed to tell you that!

I'm not coming to their defense, by any means, merely stating an opinion/observation. I don't agree with sending out a postcard or whatever with a scantily clad woman, when a head shot with makeup would have sufficed. It just seems the norm, with overtly sexual images being splashed everywhere and ad teams thinking they've done well. I'm not a prude either, but I do get tired of seeing those things, too. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Wish they would have sent us more sultry colors and less sultry women lol
11a.gif
  <-- the sultriest smiley I could find bwahaha

Starbox should realize that their customer base are mostly women who enjoy makeup, and focus on that.

It is my personal opinion that most of the subscribers (as indicated by the previous responses) DO NOT enjoy receiving the 'special' post card that was included.

I sincerely hope that someone from Starbox is reading this thread and adjusts their box contents in the future accordingly.

I, for one, was weirdly surprised at the postcard. Would have rather received a 4th makeup item instead of the card. I threw mine away. Kept the other makeup items, though, since that is why I subbed to Starbox.

Back