Starlooks November 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know we haven't gotten September (or October) yet but I saw this on facebook and thought I would share:

Starboxers! Our November box will be semi-customizable. You will be receiving an email soon asking you about your skin tone. Make sure you reply with your answer! And please help spread the word to your fellow friends and Starboxers :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> xo - SL
Interesting. Powder/Foundation?

Even though I havent gotten a box yet/signed up for Sept box...this kind really interest me. I like the odd items (crystals & cards), I like the MAKEUP full sizes items, LOVE the packaging, and the whole thing is kind-of a cool mystery. I cant wait for my first one, and the upcomming ones that I saw the video on (Oct) and the hint from Zadi (Nov).

Just received this email:

Hello, beloved Starbox Subscribers!

As you may have already heard, the November Starbox is Semi-Customizable! We know, right!? So exciting ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This is your chance to be sure you receive the right colors for your skin tone in your November Starbox, so respond to this email with your preference of
 "Light", "Medium" or "Dark" before November 1st! Ready, set, GO!

Questions or concerns? Email us at [email protected] or call us at 1(949) 679-0679.

We love you!

XOXO - Starlooks

And how much is Starlooks again...? The temptation with this one is growing.

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

$15.00 plus shipping. I think I pay $16.96 a month.

Seriously, you will love it!
16.96 is the amount I pay too

!  They charge me $16.98! 
icon_eek.gif
   Marcie likes you better!

oops correction. I agreed cause it looked right. 

It really is 16.98! Just checked my bank statement. 

*Chuckle*  I'd checked my bank account because I was curious whether tax is different based on what state you're ordering from, or if she has to charge her state's tax.

But yeah - it's a fantastic box, I've been very pleased with each one, and the quality is really impressive for the price!

I am really considering canceling Sample Society or Ipsy (probably Sample Society...Ipsy has been really great for me the last few months)  and trying this one out for a while starting next month. A poster here was kind enough to send me the eyeshadows from last month and I really love them, and all of the boxes so far seem well worth it.

I am really considering canceling Sample Society or Ipsy (probably Sample Society...Ipsy has been really great for me the last few months)  and trying this one out for a while starting next month. A poster here was kind enough to send me the eyeshadows from last month and I really love them, and all of the boxes so far seem well worth it.
Marci is also very interactive so that's a huge plus!

This just makes me want to FINALLY sign up. But I think I may need to cancel something else instead (BB....?)

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Marci is also very interactive so that's a huge plus!
Also, from my experience, they have really good customer service. I always get a reply within 24hrs. 

Originally Posted by iashleycouture /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I will check out this company for Nov. I like the idea of an all makeup items box.
That was what really sold me.  I realized how much I liked boxes had a lot to do with how many of the items inside were makeup.  =)  I've not been disappointed!

I've been a subscriber ever since I first reviewed their 2nd box back in June. I have reviews on my blog of all the boxes thus far including the new Oct. box. There isn't a sales tax charge as I'm in the same state. The shipping is extremely fast and Marci (the owner/founder) replies to emails within a day (two at the most). I know for a fact that the Dec. box will contain an item valued at $99 and you can reserve just a Dec. box as a gift. I know I can't include a link to my blog here so if anyone is interested please let me know and I can pm/email you privately. Though my screen name is also the name of my blog. Also if anyone is considering subscribing it'd be great if you'd consider mentioning me as the referrer as I'm sure most/many of you know it is hard to juggle multiple subs to be able to review on ones blog. This is by far my favorite sub and seems better quality than any of the other boxes of a similar price point.

I've included spoilers of both the Sept. and Oct. boxes.

~Jaclyn~

The contents of Oct. Box:
eyeliner pencil in shade Gold Dust
eye pigment luster dust in either Posh or Peddle (I received Posh, both are purple shades)
lipstick reddish w/ orange shimmer in shade Masquerade
2 bonuses (crystal quartz which is in every box and eye tattoos called Eye Rocks)
the theme was a "Hear No Evil, See No Evil, Speak No Evil"
and the spoiler for the Dec. box is one of their 15 pan pro eyeshadow palettes (retails for $99)

Contents of Sept. Box:
6 full size products!
5 pan monographic eyeshadow palette (very light shimmery shades)
clear eyeshadow primer in glass pot
quartz crystal

Latest posts

Back