Starting a no-buy tomorrow - I'm scared!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
scared.gif
LOL!! I really am -I've never done one before! I'm going to start small, only a month. I don't want to set myself up for failure by trying to do a long one because I know I won't make it. I figure if I can start off with a short one, then I can work up to a longer one. I really need to do this because I have way more makeup and skincare than I need and I have to stop wasting my money on so much of it. I'm a serious junkie!

So....wish me luck! I'm going to need it and if anyone wants to join me, please do! We can give each other moral support!

you can join my clan!! its going to be hard but WE CAN DO IT!! its helping me to have goals. I have pictures of the h3 hummer, land rover lr2, and nissn roge on my fridge. If im REALLY good I can have the land rover, med good i get the h3, and if im a bad girl i get the rogue. And if i dont save at all im stuck with the grand prix.

I dunno what a no-buy is... I know what not getting something for a while is, but not a no-buy... What's that? LMAO!

Originally Posted by bejb1011 /img/forum/go_quote.gif you can join my clan!! its going to be hard but WE CAN DO IT!! its helping me to have goals. I have pictures of the h3 hummer, land rover lr2, and nissn roge on my fridge. If im REALLY good I can have the land rover, med good i get the h3, and if im a bad girl i get the rogue. And if i dont save at all im stuck with the grand prix. ROFLMAO!! Anna, you kill me! I missed your wacky sense of humor while you were gone! Either way, there is NO FRIGGIN' WAY I'm doing a 12 month no buy!! I would never make it. But...I'll be there with you the 1st month then maybe after that you can pick up some more folks! LOL! I'm nowhere near that ambitious!

no buys are totally worth it! i went a few months without buying makeup or anything when i got my puppy. all the vet bills and vacs and everything added up quickly, and i realized i needed to seriously cut back on my makeup purchases. within a few days i was using all of this stuff i toally forgot i had. i used to buy so much stuff, when i stopped buying it gave me the chance to appreciate everything i had. i still had stuff left in packages!

good luck, it's totally worth it, you'll have way more money and you'll get to love everything you have even more!

Good Luck!! I really should do it too! I went about...oh, two and a half weeks without buying anything, and then I went crazy today. I applaud you for at least trying!!!!

After the way this Christmas holiday went, I'm thinking about restricting my buying as well. I have 2 eyeshadows that I havent even used yet.

Latest posts

Back