Stenciling on t-shirts

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I have been interested in stenciling on t-shirts for quite sometime now. Is there anyway to use PSP to make images like stencils for t-shirts? I know people use that program sometimes. I don't exactly know how to make an image be totally black with some white space (not necessarily white) or whatever like most stencils are. And, I may try to cut one, but what is the medium you use? Spray paint? Regular paint? Fabric paint? I am not sure exactly what to do. But, I would love to do this. I have some Iron on transfer printer sheets that I am looking to use.

Hmmm... Ya got me there! Maybe one of our more 'Crafty" gals on here might have an idea?

I have fooled around with the www.hanes.com transfers, but they were crap. They didn't stay on the shirts that well.....

what else have you done?

Originally Posted by Pinktronic

Hi, I have been interested in stenciling on t-shirts for quite sometime now. Is there anyway to use PSP to make images like stencils for t-shirts? I know people use that program sometimes. I don't exactly know how to make an image be totally black with some white space (not necessarily white) or whatever like most stencils are. And, I may try to cut one, but what is the medium you use? Spray paint? Regular paint? Fabric paint? I am not sure exactly what to do. But, I would love to do this. I have some Iron on transfer printer sheets that I am looking to use.

I tried buying a package of iron on transfers from the office supply store and used my printer to make graphics to transfer onto a shirt. I don't know if I did it wrong, but they left a ring of transfer material around the design and it began to peel like a sunburn after one washing... almost like those iron-on's that everyone used to get at the malls in the 80's... LOL

Hmmm, I haven't used the one's I bought. I hope they aren't crap. Maybe I could line it with some like those puffy paints... lol just so it wouldn't peel or look as bad...

Latest posts

Back