Stila # 9 brush???

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
Jul 9, 2005
Messages
4,847
Reaction score
0
I saw this brush today on the Stila counter I went and I liked it,I liked also #7,both they were so smooth,but I want to know what's the exact eye job someone can do with # 9 brush?? Is it a must have? Is better than other similar brush from Mac? (this question goes for those who has try both Mac and Stila)



 
Joined
Feb 16, 2005
Messages
5,115
Reaction score
0
I am very sure I use #9 for more than what it is for
It is a blending brush to blend and eliminate the lines between other colors. I love it.

Originally Posted by Sophia I saw this brush today on the Stila counter I went and I liked it,I liked also #7,both they were so smooth,but I want to know what's the exact eye job someone can do with # 9 brush?? Is it a must have? Is better than other similar brush from Mac? (this question goes for those who has try both Mac and Stila)
 
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
878
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Sophia I want to know what's the exact eye job someone can do with # 9 brush?? Is it a must have? Is better than other similar brush from Mac? (this question goes for those who has try both Mac and Stila) I think Stila #9 is a must have.
I really love my #9 brush, you can use it for applying a sheer wash of colour, and for blending as Nilufer said. I have 2 of these (the long handled one for at home and a short handled one for my planner) and I've been known to use it for powdering under the eye and around my nose to set my concealer, applying e/s as a highlighter on my cheekbones and to blend out any hard edges on my blusher. I think it's basically a blending brush but like I said above I've used it for lots of things in emergencies.

I like my #7, but I could live without it, but I don't think I could live without my #9.

IMHO the Stila #9 brush is a lot better than the MAC one (224?) that is similar, but I think that there is room for the MAC white haired versions in your collection too if you already have those.

 
Joined
Jul 9, 2005
Messages
4,847
Reaction score
0
Thanks girls!!


Lea how exactly can I blend an e/s? I put e/s on #9 and then I blend it smoothly on the crease or I put e/s with other brush and then I blend with #9??

Oh for the brow highlighting job I use Stila #5,I love it!!

Really #7 it's not a must have? What brush do you use for crease??

 
Joined
Feb 16, 2005
Messages
5,115
Reaction score
0
Ditto! I can't live without mine; I also have #7 and I couldn't give that one either. I think you'll love both of them. If you don't want to spend the money all at once, than buy one first and the other one later on. Trust me! you won't regret...


Originally Posted by Lealabell I think Stila #9 is a must have.
I really love my #9 brush, you can use it for applying a sheer wash of colour, and for blending as Nilufer said. I have 2 of these (the long handled one for at home and a short handled one for my planner) and I've been known to use it for powdering under the eye and around my nose to set my concealer, applying e/s as a highlighter on my cheekbones and to blend out any hard edges on my blusher. I think it's basically a blending brush but like I said above I've used it for lots of things in emergencies.

I like my #7, but I could live without it, but I don't think I could live without my #9.

IMHO the Stila #9 brush is a lot better than the MAC one (224?) that is similar, but I think that there is room for the MAC white haired versions in your collection too if you already have those.

 
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
878
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Sophia Thanks girls!!

Lea how exactly can I blend an e/s? I put e/s on #9 and then I blend it smoothly on the crease or I put e/s with other brush and then I blend with #9??

Oh for the brow highlighting job I use Stila #5,I love it!!

Really #7 it's not a must have? What brush do you use for crease??

I usually use the pointed end of Stila #15 to put colour in my crease, I find it easier because of the shape, but you have to find out what works for you. I do sometimes use the #7, but sometimes I find it puts on a bit too much colour for my taste. I find a similar thing with #5 and the more shimmery e/s. I use my #5 and #7 when I do a matt look, and my #15 and #9 when I do a shimmery one.
I think the #9 is a bit too big to put colour in the creas, but it's fab for a quick all over wash, or for blending the colour in the crease after you've applied it.

Do you have the #15?

#9, and #15 are my must have brushes.

 
Joined
Jul 9, 2005
Messages
4,847
Reaction score
0
Oh I see Lea!! Thanks


No I don't have #15!! Oh there are so many Stila brushes out there that I don't have!!!
I think my next will be #7,because i don't have any crease brush!!

Originally Posted by Lealabell I usually use the pointed end of Stila #15 to put colour in my crease, I find it easier because of the shape, but you have to find out what works for you. I do sometimes use the #7, but sometimes I find it puts on a bit too much colour for my taste. I find a similar thing with #5 and the more shimmery e/s. I use my #5 and #7 when I do a matt look, and my #15 and #9 when I do a shimmery one.
I think the #9 is a bit too big to put colour in the creas, but it's fab for a quick all over wash, or for blending the colour in the crease after you've applied it.

Do you have the #15?

#9, and #15 are my must have brushes.

 
Joined
Jul 9, 2005
Messages
4,847
Reaction score
0
Thanks Trish!!


The # 15 is like Mac's 239? I'm looking for a brush to pack the color on lids!!

Originally Posted by Trisha I think the girls have answered all your questions Sophia!! but after you get #7 you should really get #9, its way better than MACs equivalent, its much softer! as lea said, one of the must have brushes from Stila is #15, the double ended! its so versatile x
 
Joined
Jul 9, 2005
Messages
4,847
Reaction score
0
You have both of them isn't that right? Which one do you think is better #15 or #239??

Originally Posted by Trisha Yes, the larger end of #15 would really pack on colour whereas, the smaller end is great for crease work and lining under eyes xx
 
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
878
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Sophia Thanks Trish!!

The # 15 is like Mac's 239? I'm looking for a brush to pack the color on lids!!

I'd say there was room for Stila #15 and the MAC 239 in your collection, however I'd get the Stila brush first because even without the other and I think you get a greater range of application intensity. I have MAC 239 and I use it when I REALLY want to pack on colour, usually when I do a more colourful look.
Stila #15 and MAC 239 are different sizes too so like I said, you could justify both.

But start with the Stila because overall it's more versatile and I don't think the price was bad either.

 
Joined
Feb 16, 2005
Messages
5,115
Reaction score
0
I agree, once you get #15, you're gonna love it and use it a lot :icon_love

Originally Posted by Lealabell I'd say there was room for Stila #15 and the MAC 239 in your collection, however I'd get the Stila brush first because even without the other and I think you get a greater range of application intensity. I have MAC 239 and I use it when I REALLY want to pack on colour, usually when I do a more colourful look.
Stila #15 and MAC 239 are different sizes too so like I said, you could justify both.

But start with the Stila because overall it's more versatile and I don't think the price was bad either.

 
Joined
Apr 4, 2005
Messages
2,631
Reaction score
0
I have the Stila #9 and #15 and I like it very much. It's true, the Stila #9 is much softer than the MAC 224. And like Lea, I have two of Stila's #9. This is a must have brush.

 
Joined
Jul 9, 2005
Messages
4,847
Reaction score
0
Thanks girls xxx

Lea the small side of #15 reminds me #4 which I already have, so I'm looking for a brush with only the large side of #15,that's why I'm considering #239! Also #15 here costs 30 euros, and #239 costs 23 euros!!

 
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
878
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Sophia Thanks girls xxx
Lea the small side of #15 reminds me #4 which I already have, so I'm looking for a brush with only the large side of #15,that's why I'm considering #239! Also #15 here costs 30 euros, and #239 costs 23 euros!!

I'll take a photo of the small side next to #4 because they are not at all alike, #15 is much bigger and a different shape. I think one end of #20 is quite similar to #4.
 
Joined
Jul 9, 2005
Messages
4,847
Reaction score
0
Thanks Lea


So the small end of #15 doesn't do the same job with #4??

Originally Posted by Lealabell I'll take a photo of the small side next to #4 because they are not at all alike, #15 is much bigger and a different shape. I think one end of #20 is quite similar to #4.
 
Joined
Jul 9, 2005
Messages
4,847
Reaction score
0
Oh Lea can I use the large end of #15 as a crease brush,or it's too large for that job? If it's good,then I shouldn't buy #7 and buy #15 instead!!!

 
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
878
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Sophia Oh Lea can I use the large end of #15 as a crease brush,or it's too large for that job? If it's good,then I shouldn't buy #7 and buy #15 instead!!! When my camera batteries have charged I'll take a photo comparison of both ends of the #15, with the #4 and #7. I think the #15 is half as big again as the #7, so you might be able to get away with it as a crease brush.
 
Joined
Jul 9, 2005
Messages
4,847
Reaction score
0
Thanks lea!!!

Originally Posted by Lealabell When my camera batteries have charged I'll take a photo comparison of both ends of the #15, with the #4 and #7. I think the #15 is half as big again as the #7, so you might be able to get away with it as a crease brush.
 
Joined
Feb 16, 2005
Messages
5,115
Reaction score
0
Here is a pic of my Stila brushes, hope it helps. It was taken when the sun was hitting too much. I am going to try again now somewhere else and see if you can see it better.

#7 is $18

#9 is $24

#15 is $32

#20 is $32

If you want I can mail them for you from here and you can pay me with paypal. If you think it'll be cheaper for you I'll do that for you. I will ask for the shipping charge though for Greece from the US. They are very light so I don't think it'll cost even $10 to ship all. PM me and let me know. I will do that for you, who knows we might even be related! (I'm part Greek
)



 
Joined
Jul 9, 2005
Messages
4,847
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by lilla Here is a pic of my Stila brushes, hope it helps. It was taken when the sun was hitting too much. I am going to try again now somewhere else and see if you can see it better.
#7 is $18

#9 is $24

#15 is $32

#20 is $32

If you want I can mail them for you from here and you can pay me with paypal. If you think it'll be cheaper for you I'll do that for you. I will ask for the shipping charge though for Greece from the US. They are very light so I don't think it'll cost even $10 to ship all. PM me and let me know. I will do that for you, who knows we might even be related! (I'm part Greek
)

Lilla thanks so much! You're so sweet!!:icon_love But from what I can see the prices are the same with here! Thanks for the thought, maybe I will find something that I cannot get it here and I'll ask for it from you!!

I didn't know that you're a part Greek!! That's so cool!!


 

Latest posts

Top