Stila Brush Haul!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Finally I got it!!!! I got Stila's brush #24, double sided illuminating powder brush!!! It's gorgeous, Trisha you were absolutely right it's soooooo smooth!! First the Stila MUA gave me the #1 blush brush but when I felt it on my cheeks it was a little harsh and when I put #24 on my cheeks it was like I was putting cream,so smooth,big difference betwwen #1 and #24!!! I think it has the perfect shape and size to apply blush on my cheeks! The only problem is that I gave 50 euros to buy it but i think it's worth it!! But I don't know how can I use the other small side!! Any suggestions??

Again thanks Trish xxx
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Sophia Finally I got it!!!! I got Stila's brush #24, double sided illuminating powder brush!!! It's gorgeous, Trisha you were absolutely right it's soooooo smooth!! First the Stila MUA gave me the #1 blush brush but when I felt it on my cheeks it was a little harsh and when I put #24 on my cheeks it was like I was putting cream,so smooth,big difference betwwen #1 and #24!!! I think it has the perfect shape and size to apply blush on my cheeks! The only problem is that I gave 50 euros to buy it but i think it's worth it!! But I don't know how can I use the other small side!! Any suggestions??
Again thanks Trish xxx
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Yay! I have heard that the smaller end fits in the Stila rouge pots, but other than that...??? Trisha or other girls can probably help you out better, though.

Originally Posted by Sophia But I don't know how can I use the other small side!! Any suggestions??
Again thanks Trish xxx
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I use the small side for powder. I use it for seeting under the eye, and getting around the nose. I also use it for highlighter on my cheek bones and sometimes on my brow bone.

Thanks for the tips Lea
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Lealabell I use the small side for powder. I use it for seeting under the eye, and getting around the nose. I also use it for highlighter on my cheek bones and sometimes on my brow bone.

50euro YIKES! That's like around $65 for a Stila brush. I thought the prices in Ireland were bad, they must be crazy in Greece honey. Enjoy your brush though!

Thanks Laura!! Yes the prices here are VERY VERY CRAZY!!!
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by Laura 50euro YIKES! That's like around $65 for a Stila brush. I thought the prices in Ireland were bad, they must be crazy in Greece honey. Enjoy your brush though!

Sophia, yay for you! I am so happy!! While I was shopping for Stila brushes the nice ladies over here told me not to buy #1 because it isn't as good. I am glad you didn't get #1. Now you need to get #7, 9, and 15.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
#4 and #20 are great e/s brushes also...

Thanks Lilla!! I have #4 and I like it!! For the others I will buy them one at time!!You see the prices are too high here!!!

Originally Posted by lilla Sophia, yay for you! I am so happy!! While I was shopping for Stila brushes the nice ladies over here told me not to buy #1 because it isn't as good. I am glad you didn't get #1. Now you need to get #7, 9, and 15.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
#4 and #20 are great e/s brushes also...

I know what you mean... but they are soooo worth it
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Sophia Thanks Lilla!! I have #4 and I like it!! For the others I will buy them one at time!!You see the prices are too high here!!!

Originally Posted by Trisha plus if youve applied your blush a bit too heavily you can use the small end to blend blend blend! Ditto. I've used it for that too. I think I need a new set of double ended brushes to go in my planner (a new #15 at least). I'm not sure about using it with rouge pots though as cream based products are better with synthetic hair. I put rouge pots on with my fingers then blend them out with my Paula Dorf Cream blush brush.

Originally Posted by Lealabell I'm not sure about using it with rouge pots though as cream based products are better with synthetic hair. I put rouge pots on with my fingers then blend them out with my Paula Dorf Cream blush brush. Oh, I just saw that on another forum and thought I would mention it here, but if you say creams work better with synthetic, I'd believe you over myself since you know so much more about brushes and app., etc. etc.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by anne7 Oh, I just saw that on another forum and thought I would mention it here, but if you say creams work better with synthetic, I'd believe you over myself since you know so much more about brushes and app., etc. etc.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Each to their own honey, and I wouldn't claim to know more about brushes than anyone else. Whenever i've used natural brushes with cream products they've always given a streaky finish, so I usuallly use my fingers then blend afterwards. I think that's why they make foundation brushes from synethetic fibres because they don't absorb the product.
I might try my #24 with a rouge pot and see how it works
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Lealabell Each to their own honey, and I wouldn't claim to know more about brushes than anyone else. Whenever i've used natural brushes with cream products they've always given a streaky finish, so I usuallly use my fingers then blend afterwards. I think that's why they make foundation brushes from synethetic fibres because they don't absorb the product.
I might try my #24 with a rouge pot and see how it works
icon_cheesygrin.gif

You're so nice, Lea:icon_love That's true about synthetic not soaking up product, I love my taklon foundation and concealer brushes....so soft! I have tried using my blush brush with my dream matte mousse found., and it buffed on pretty nicely, but I still had to blend extra, so maybe it wouldn't work so well with blush since it's color...let us know how it works out with your rouge pot if you try it!

Great brush you got!

Good thing you didn't the #1. I got it in the xmas set last year and it's so scratchy!! I never use it.

Latest posts

Back