Stila e/s: Oasis or Starlight?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
:icon_loveOasis or Starlight? I want one of them,the PERFECT BEIGE eyeshadow, to match it with all of my brown eyeshadows,especially with Mac's Romp and Stila's Summer!!Also girls if you have one of them with what other eyeshadows do you match them?

oasis is a bit gold...I love it though! i wear it with Jade & Melon & Ray.

:icon_love i just love Stila's eyeshadow...they have such great colors!

Originally Posted by xpressit oasis is a bit gold...I love it though! i wear it with Jade & Melon & Ray.
:icon_love i just love Stila's eyeshadow...they have such great colors!

icon_cheesygrin.gif
Thanks xpressit!I love Stila's eyeshadows too!!I have Jade too.Is it a good match Oasis-Jade?

i really like oasis. i don't have starlight to compare it though.

it looks like it would go with a lot of things
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha If its beige you want, Starlight or Wheat would be your best bet. Starlight would be better for your colouring i think
Oasis is a peachy gold, and whilst i love wearing it with loads, i think Starlight maybe more versatile for you at the moment if you want a beige x

:icon_loveThanks Trisha!I think I'll go for Starlight! Do you have Starlight?With what other e/s do you match it?

I have both and love both, but Oasis is the more "unusual" of the 2. Starlight is a bit blah unless you have nothing like it. It is pretty shimmery though, so Id pair it with at least one matte color (Dune is my absolute fave matte from Stila I use it every day as a base for all my colors :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

Originally Posted by Sophia :icon_loveOasis or Starlight? I want one of them,the PERFECT BEIGE eyeshadow, to match it with all of my brown eyeshadows,especially with Mac's Romp and Stila's Summer!!Also girls if you have one of them with what other eyeshadows do you match them?

Originally Posted by Suzy I have both and love both, but Oasis is the more "unusual" of the 2. Starlight is a bit blah unless you have nothing like it. It is pretty shimmery though, so Id pair it with at least one matte color (Dune is my absolute fave matte from Stila I use it every day as a base for all my colors :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) Thanks Suzy!!Which one you use the most?With what e/s do you match them?

Oasis goes on a bit warmer and is more of a peachy goldish color. It is different and sooo pretty. Starlight looks just like kitten to me and is frosty - I really only use it at night to highlight brow which I rarely do these days anyway. The best sight for colors and descriptions is here:

http://www26.brinkster.com/stila/

Originally Posted by Sophia Thanks Suzy!!Which one you use the most?With what e/s do you match them?

Originally Posted by Suzy Oasis goes on a bit warmer and is more of a peachy goldish color. It is different and sooo pretty. Starlight looks just like kitten to me and is frosty - I really only use it at night to highlight brow which I rarely do these days anyway. The best sight for colors and descriptions is here:http://www26.brinkster.com/stila/

icon_cheesygrin.gif
Thanks for the link Suzy! I already have Kitten and I don't want to buy a similar color neither too shimmer like Kitten.Perhaps Oasis is different than Kitten!What's your Holy Great Stila eyeshadow?

That would be Dune. It is a matte neutral and not very unusual but it is my everyday color. I use it as a base mostly - to make a uniform "canvas" and cover up veins etc. It is just the perfect neutral to me.

Originally Posted by Sophia
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Thanks for the link Suzy! I already have Kitten and I don't want to buy a similar color neither too shimmer like Kitten.Perhaps Oasis is different than Kitten!What's your Holy Great Stila eyeshadow?

I don't have Starlight but I am totally in love with Oasis! It is definitely a HG for me!
claps.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Sophia :icon_loveThanks Trisha!I think I'll go for Starlight! Do you have Starlight?With what other e/s do you match it? You can wear Starlight with almost anything, it's the perfect nude shadow, shimmery, but not too frosty.

Originally Posted by Trisha Starlight is similar to Kitten to the average person but its very different to me
Sophia, you can put Starlight with any other Stila colour! I also love Dune as my everyday base colour

other good base mattes are Chinois, Eden and Boquet! x

Recently I've bought Ecru as an everyday base color.Do you have Ecru? I have a problem match it with other colors,not that I have many eyeshadows!! What is the best match for Ecru?

Originally Posted by Trisha i dont own Ecru and i dont really use it at work much as its a pan only colour in the UK and we try to use things that are available in pot on new customers in case they dont wana buy palettes,
in theory you should be able to use anything with it cos its your base colour x

Thanks Trisha!!

Latest posts

Back