Straightening treaments?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Have any of you tried any hair smoothing/straightening systems?

I saw in a few magazines that Suave has a 30 day Kertian/straightening system but when I read reviews on amazon almost half the reviews were of women who's hair had fallen out/burnt or they were going bald from the product.

I like the idea of the whole thing because my hair is pretty naturally straight but it's frizzy and some peices are wavy. So I can never wear it natural I always have to straighten it. I was hoping to find a product that can reduce frizz and straighten a little.

I'm looking into the John Fredia 3 day straight, but that might be a different concept than I want. I think the point of that product is to straighten your hair and then have it stay straight for 3 days. I can straighten it and it stays straight until the next wash, but it'd be nice to just be able to do nothng to my hair.

I also am looking into the Garnier Fructics Blowdry Perfector but I think it works with a blow dryer and it's only a 7 day treatment. I've heard it's not worth the money because it only works for 7 days and is like over $10.

I've used the Suave Keratin shampoo and conditioner now for the last several days and LOVE it. I haven't tried their treatment yet. I'm curious to try it since I have naturally curly hair. Do I believe it will cause my hair to fall out? No. Why? Because it doesn't contain anything that would be that damaging. I suspect the people who said it caused the hair to fall out had bad hair to begin with (over processed, damaged hair). I'll give it a try next week once I can get out to the stores. We had a snowstorm on Wednesday so we're stuck at home.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've used the Suave Keratin shampoo and conditioner now for the last several days and LOVE it. I haven't tried their treatment yet. I'm curious to try it since I have naturally curly hair. Do I believe it will cause my hair to fall out? No. Why? Because it doesn't contain anything that would be that damaging. I suspect the people who said it caused the hair to fall out had bad hair to begin with (over processed, damaged hair). I'll give it a try next week once I can get out to the stores. We had a snowstorm on Wednesday so we're stuck at home.
If you try it will you let me know how it works out?

I hadn't done too much research on it but from what I understand it's just to help restore keratin and make it smoother. 

I watched a few reviews and people seem to like it. Most of the reviews were with people who already had naturally straight hair so I'm curious to see how it works on someone curly hair.

I found this one too and it seems to do the same thing: http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod3120805 It's $1 more. I wonder what the difference would be.

I guess you can't use the kit if you have color treated, highlighted or bleached hair. As well as hair that's dry or brittle. Since I highlight my hair I can't use it. I wonder if the Oragnix one can be used on color treated hair.

Back