Stress anyone?!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys ,well i have two kids and sometimes i get super stressed, I asked my doctor what naturally could help me and he told me

Excercise regularly ,which ive been trying to do

Meditation

Now this is wierd,Lying on a bed with your head hanging down off the side is suppose to be a super destresser.May be i should just live life upside down,lol

Hope this info helps someone else here.Does any one have any tips on how they destress?

Originally Posted by Msfashionguru I destress by a good Calgon bubble bath and a nice book. 1) i usually destress by listening to 50's/60's Jazz while i cook and clean. keeps me calm when i really want to freak out on everyone
biggrin.gif

2) surprisingly, coffee makes me so much more relaxed than without! i am so much more happier after a trip to starbucks
smile.gif

3) I take a shower instead of a nap. that usually destresses me alot.

4) i tried meditation, but i usually fall asleep! so when i am all freaking out and everything, i usually write. i rant, rant, witch about everything on a notebook like crazy. and then after a day or two i go back and read it, laugh it off.

writing is like therapy!!
smile.gif

1) i usually destress by listening to 50's/60's Jazz while i cook and clean. keeps me calm when i really want to freak out on everyone
biggrin.gif

2) surprisingly, coffee makes me so much more relaxed than without! i am so much more happier after a trip to starbucks
smile.gif

3) I take a shower instead of a nap. that usually destresses me alot.

4) i tried meditation, but i usually fall asleep! so when i am all freaking out and everything, i usually write. i rant, rant, witch about everything on a notebook like crazy. and then after a day or two i go back and read it, laugh it off.

writing is like therapy!!
smile.gif

I agree with you on writing,ive been writing since i was little.Manly poetry,it is a wonderful release,i just cant find the time to write as much as i like.
biggrin.gif

Exercise! I love it for stress relief especially right after work. Fabulous stuff!

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Hey guys ,well i have two kids and sometimes i get super stressed, I asked my doctor what naturally could help me and he told me

Meditation

Now this is wierd,Lying on a bed with your head hanging down off the side is suppose to be a super destresser.May be i should just live life upside down,lol

Hope this info helps someone else here.Does any one have any tips on how they destress?

I go to this website! lol

... Seriously though, my stress is always due to school and how much work I have to do. So I can never take much time to de-stress, so after I've been working for a while I'll take a quick 10-minute break to look at a favorite website or something, then get back to work. Just something to break up the day!

My other de-stresser is crying on hubby's shoulder ... sometimes I get so overwhelmed I can't help but cry, and for some reason I always feel so much better after I've cried even though I obviously haven't gotten any more work done! Hubby freaked out the first time or two I did this because he thought something was really wrong; now he knows I cry way too often and he just puts up with it, lol

Something that I do to destress is turn on my fave radio station and blast my music! I feel relieved and whatever was bothering me doesn't seem as important as before.

Also, I will sometimes lay on my bed for about 15 minutes in the dark, turn everything off (radio, cellphone, etc) and just breath in and out. It so relaxes me. Just breathing out the bad energy and breathing in the good helps me.

Originally Posted by nydoll23

Hey guys ,well i have two kids and sometimes i get super stressed, I asked my doctor what naturally could help me and he told me

Meditation

I really never get stressed LOL, it's true! Its all about being easy going....

I only have little time to distress and nothing helps for a long time cause I can never really just switch my brain off (although I´d really like to do that sometimes *lol*). but here´s what I do

go on MuT

watch the most stupid talk show that´s on right now

listen to my favorite songs

but watching TV works best for some reason

Yeah, the rug-rats can be very draining ~ Well, short of shipping them overseas, vitamin B Complex helps...

Have a glass of wine and chill out ~ You'll feel fabulous!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Hey guys ,well i have two kids and sometimes i get super stressed, I asked my doctor what naturally could help me and he told me

Meditation

I am easy going too. BUT, believe me, get some major medical issues going on with your family and the stress level will max out.
icon_sad.gif

Getting plenty of rest helps me with my stress.

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) I really never get stressed LOL, it's true! Its all about being easy going....

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) I really never get stressed LOL, it's true! Its all about being easy going.... lol, I was pretty easy-going before starting grad school, and I still don't get stressed over breaks ... but when I have 2 weeks worth of work to do and only a week to do it, I can't help but get stressed!

Originally Posted by K*O* Yeah, the rug-rats can be very draining ~ Well, short of shipping them overseas, vitamin B Complex helps...
Have a glass of wine and chill out ~ You'll feel fabulous!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

How fuuny are you Karen,lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I know,sometimes i think about sending them to swedish boarding school but alas they are too young.
biggrin.gif
I do love listening to old songs and having some wine.

I need to try some of those. Lately, I've been de-stressing by eating and now that I'm 20 pounds heavier (sad, but true), I am trying to find something else to help. Actually, I joined a gym just last nite, so hopefully, that will alleviate some of my stress. I HATE being overweight.
icon_cry.gif

Meditation

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU I need to try some of those. Lately, I've been de-stressing by eating and now that I'm 20 pounds heavier (sad, but true), I am trying to find something else to help. Actually, I joined a gym just last nite, so hopefully, that will alleviate some of my stress. I HATE being overweight.
icon_cry.gif
Great job Tracy,i just joined a gyn last month and i love it.Dont worry you will feel so much better about yourself,it feels great to do something healthy for your body.I wish you lots of luck,Remember noone is in your way but you,so go for it!!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Thanks NYdoll!! I'm gonna give it my best shot! I've never in my life been this size, so I'm very anxious to lose this weight. And that is right what you said..... no one is in my way but me. You're a wise woman!!!
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Great job Tracy,i just joined a gyn last month and i love it.Dont worry you will feel so much better about yourself,it feels great to do something healthy for your body.I wish you lots of luck,Remember noone is in your way but you,so go for it!!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU Thanks NYdoll!! I'm gonna give it my best shot! I've never in my life been this size, so I'm very anxious to lose this weight. And that is right what you said..... no one is in my way but me. You're a wise woman!!!
icon_smile.gif
Thanks Tracy,I just got really tired of blaming others for what i was not happy with.I decided to take control of my life and my choices and now i dont have any one to answer to but myself.

Try not to be to anxious,although thats perfectly normal.Just set some goals that are good for you and in no time you will be on a track to being satisfied and happy with your weight!
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Msfashionguru I destress by a good Calgon bubble bath and a nice book. I love bubble baths!! I take a tub probably every other day, because it helps me relax. I just bought Amazing Grace bath gel from Philosophy which is so yummy.

Originally Posted by Joyeuux I love bubble baths!! I take a tub probably every other day, because it helps me relax. I just bought Amazing Grace bath gel from Philosophy which is so yummy.
OHH i love amazing grace and baby grace,but my fave is cinnabuns,so yummy,with no calories,lol

Sometimes it's good to spend time alone with no phones ringing, or any pressure whatsoever.Hard in this worlkd and especially if you have children. I agree that excerise does help. This has been proven and writing your feelings is good therapy too.

I honeslty belive that your diet can play a big part of your overall health and some foods are known to help with stress. Bananna's are good, so is porriage and nuts. Marisol worte a fab article about foods for stress. I tried adding a few more foods to my list and i am pleased to say i have noticed a big difference.

Try to get enough sleep as lack of sleep can make things 10 x worse.

Spend some time just relaxing in a nice bath and try to take some nice deep breaths.Don't let yourself get too hungry, angry or tired. Look after yourself and be nice to you.Don't give yourself a hard time either, we are only human.

Mabe a natural herbal remedy might help. There are Kalms and St.John Wort for depression.

Even a new haircut or treating yourself to something nice can help. The important thing is not to bottle it up.xXx

Originally Posted by Pauline Sometimes it's good to spend time alone with no phones ringing, or any pressure whatsoever.Hard in this worlkd and especially if you have children. I agree that excerise does help. This has been proven and writing your feelings is good therapy too.I honeslty belive that your diet can play a big part of your overall health and some foods are known to help with stress. Bananna's are good, so is porriage and nuts. Marisol worte a fab article about foods for stress. I tried adding a few more foods to my list and i am pleased to say i have noticed a big difference.

Try to get enough sleep as lack of sleep can make things 10 x worse.

Spend some time just relaxing in a nice bath and try to take some nice deep breaths.Don't let yourself get too hungry, angry or tired. Look after yourself and be nice to you.Don't give yourself a hard time either, we are only human.

Mabe a natural herbal remedy might help. There are Kalms and St.John Wort for depression.

Even a new haircut or treating yourself to something nice can help. The important thing is not to bottle it up.xXx

Ive heard of st johns wort and am curious if it works,has anybody used it?

Latest posts

Back