Stubborn eyelashes.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
(I hope this is in the right forum, heheheh.)

I like my eyelashes. They're black, and extremely long.

Problem is they're dead straight. =(

Mascara alone doesn't help. And an eyelash curler only works for the first five minutes. (Even if I heat it and add mascara after, it just flattens out.)

Any ideas? And could it just be the cheap-o mascara I'm using? (Tried Revlon Colorstay, Great Lash, Max Factor Lash Perfection, & Rimmel Eye Magnifier)

Also, anyone try that Diorshow Mascara yet? I'm looking to buy it, but I don't know anyone who's personally used it.

Hi! I have the exact same problem. I was looking into Diorshow too but not sure still if I'll buy it. I have Max Factor Lash Perfection and it just gives me a natural look, no curl whatsoever, but it doesn't clump.

The only mascara that gives me some kind of curl is L'oreal Telescopic, I love it but it's a little hard to use for me. It comes with a comb instead of a brush and it tends to clump pretty easily so you have to be careful. I swipe the brush three or four times slowly and holding it a bit when I'm finishing the swipe and it works pretty cool. Hope to help.

have you tried a heated eyelash curler? one you have to put batteries in to heat up. you should be able to start training your lashes, it'll take a few weeks but if you daily used the heated curler it should start to help.

i think lancome makes the best mascara. it is $$ but it's worth it if you take $27/30 days = 0.90 cents a day. it's worth it!

I love my Shu Uemura curler, I had a hard time keeping the curl in my lashes to stay and look good, but with this curler, I have no problems. For mascara, my fav is mark's Make It Big, not only does it plump up lashes by adding volume and making them "big," this mascara helps keep my curl in. Good luck!

@Seymour5000: Yeah, I was looking into those. I might just pick one up at tomorrow. =)

As for the Lancome mascara, I might just get that instead of the Diorshow, been hearing more about it. Thanks for the suggestion. =)

@Manda: Yeah, but the thing that bugs me out is I have a curler that looks like that one of those, I really don't see the difference between the curlers. =O But I'll see if mom let's me get it with the heated one. (I hope I don't sound like a spoiled brat. D= )

As for the mascara, I don't know where to buy that. The only places I could buy make up is from Walmart and Sephora. But thanks. =)

If you're happy to go to a salon, a lot of beauty salons are now offering eyelash perming. You could try that? I didn't learn it when I was training but I believe it lasts about 8 weeks!

diorshow mascara is really good... but my eyelashes are already curled so i'm not sure if it will hold your curl..

I had my eyelashes permed.. they went TOO curly. They ended up looking shorter because they were almost rolled on top of themselves.

Plus it didn't last 8 weeks
smile.gif
just as a heads up. I'm sure it can look good but be careful who you choose to do it

i think eyelash perms lash about 4 weeks - i was going to suggest the same, might be a better solution for you - i find heated eye lash curlers dont work for me

Latest posts

Back