Stuck on Chanel Makeup

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
Sep 27, 2003
Messages
11,114
Reaction score
4,215
I'm all of sudden stuck on Chanel makeup. I like it and used it a lot more when I lived in Finland because I it's cheaper there. I've been looking at Chanel's new webstore online and thinking about getting a new foundation and possible the automatic eye liner. I just wish they weren't so expensive! I don't care for their mascaras but other products I've had good luck. Any opinions on Chanel ladies?

 
Joined
Jul 1, 2005
Messages
442
Reaction score
0
I've never used chanel, sorry. But if you love a product or have heard nothing but good things, I would get it even though it's pricey. I figure, I at least, probably would spend just as much money on a couple mediocre products as I would on one thats pricey but i love it. That's my reasoning


 
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
1,164
Reaction score
0
I'm all for anyone trying Chanel if they can afford it...I've always been a huge Chanel fan(as much as I spend on them, I should be working for them!) I have pretty much all their stuff. The blushes are always nice, I LOVE all the lip products, and the eyeshadows are pretty and natural looking on-nothing too drastic. They have a nice selection of foundations, the trick is finding the one that is right for your skin. If you try one and it doesn't work for you, try a different formula. I personally don't like the automatic liners, I like their pencil liners better. But that's just what I prefer in general.

 
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
118
Reaction score
0
i have their foundation brush and i think its awesome, unfortunately its the ONLY item i have of theirs cos it is pricey!

 
Joined
Aug 2, 2005
Messages
418
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Reija(admin) I'm all of sudden stuck on Chanel makeup. I like it and used it a lot more when I lived in Finland because I it's cheaper there. I've been looking at Chanel's new webstore online and thinking about getting a new foundation and possible the automatic eye liner. I just wish they weren't so expensive! I don't care for their mascaras but other products I've had good luck. Any opinions on Chanel ladies? Reija, as a former MA for Chanel Cosmetics (although I may be slightly biased
...hehehe)I can't say enough good things about this brand! Although you're paying a lot for the products, the high quality make-up that you receive definitely makes up for it. Also, try on ebay for discounted Chanel make-up. My favorite produts are the "irreelle duos" (an eyeshadow duo that adds gorgeous color with a velvety finish), the "ombre unique creme illuminating eyeshadow" (smooth, easy-to-blend cream shadow with a non-creasing, iridescent finish), the classic glossimers, and the "irreelle blush" (sheer glowing blush). I could go on forever--lol.
Because Chanel has so many different types of foundations, I wouldn't be able to recommend one without knowing your skin-type and what kind of finish you want. My personal favorite however, is "Tient Fluid Universel (sorry, I'm used to the French names...in plain English, the "Multi-Vitamin Natural Makeup"). This one comes with SPF 15, is oil-free, and has sheer to medium coverage with a natural looking finish. Sometimes I like to mix it with Chanel's "Sheer Brilliance" liquid (similar to MAC's hyperreal) in "Bronzelit" for a dewy, sun-kissed finish.

As for eyeliners, I like "Le Crayon Kohl--Intense Eye Pencils" (smooth, shimmery, easy to blend and smudge-- colors are limited though!
). I agree with envymi on the automatic liners... they're not my favorite, I much prefer the pencils.

Hope this helped!


 
Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
22,240
Reaction score
1
i have all of the chanel brushes (except 2 of them) and they're pretty good. i love the foundation brush, but i'm not too crazy about the powder and blush brush. the powder's very hard on my skin.

my first foundation ever was...



i went through 2 bottles and i think the color was A LITTLE off, but now that i think about it, it did work really well. that was before i really got into makeup. i think it's the price that turns me off ($42). my cousin used it a few weeks ago for her wedding and her skin came out flawless.

that's all i've tried from chanel, though. i think it's expensive. i'm sure it's great quality, but can't afford it yet


 
Joined
Feb 16, 2005
Messages
5,115
Reaction score
0
Reija, I used many Chanel products and didn't have any problems. Love the quality that you get. The price is a bit too much but I guess you are paying for a great quality and the name. Defo worth it!! I am just finishing my fav lipliner in nude and can't wait to get my order... It finished faster than I hoped but everybody else used it too while I was on vacation
So far I couldn't find a lipliner like it. Go to a Chanel counter and get a sample of the fdtn you want. That way you'll find out if you react to it before you pay a whole price.

 
Joined
Aug 4, 2005
Messages
358
Reaction score
0
Everything I've used from Chanel was great, including their skincare. I use their concealer everyday and it's one of the best! Their eyeshadows have shimmery, creamy, and sheer colors. Nail polishes were amazing too.. they last without chipping!
Their skincare (Precision line) is really good except that their scent is a little too strong for me...

 
Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
22,240
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by lilyindavis Everything I've used from Chanel was great, including their skincare. I use their concealer everyday and it's one of the best! Their eyeshadows have shimmery, creamy, and sheer colors. Nail polishes were amazing too.. they last without chipping!
Their skincare (Precision line) is really good except that their scent is a little too strong for me... oh, i forgot to mention i used the concealer, too. i used this one...


i just remember it being way too dark and very hard to blend. then again, it was before i got into beauty and all that and used no moisturizer, eye cream, etc.

my mom's friend started getting wrinkles under her eyes and i did my research and told her to order this...



she's been using it for about a month and after like, 3 weeks, i saw SUCH a huge difference. her wrinkles under her eyes were almost completely gone. it's pricey, but it definitely works.

 
Joined
Aug 6, 2005
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
I personally LOVE Chanel's make up line. I just wish their shades matched me just a bit more. You really do get what you pay for. I'm saving so I can splurge on a few (more like one, hah) items from their new fall collection. Can't resist the temptation =p

 
Joined
Mar 8, 2005
Messages
1,149
Reaction score
0
I tried the foundation Jennifer posted, but I hated it. It was so heavy and I'm not used to such a full coverage. I may give it another try again someday, but $42 for foundation is a bit extreme. I guess a little goes a long way with this product, but still, not one of my favorites.



 
Joined
Aug 2, 2005
Messages
490
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by envymi I'm all for anyone trying Chanel if they can afford it...I've always been a huge Chanel fan(as much as I spend on them, I should be working for them!) I have pretty much all their stuff. The blushes are always nice, I LOVE all the lip products, and the eyeshadows are pretty and natural looking on-nothing too drastic. They have a nice selection of foundations, the trick is finding the one that is right for your skin. If you try one and it doesn't work for you, try a different formula. I personally don't like the automatic liners, I like their pencil liners better. But that's just what I prefer in general. couldn't say more, i mean Chanel is like one of the BEST brands that may suit every women,in my opinioni've tried everything Chanel, from foundations,skincare to oh so expensive accessories
, and believe me I never found any thing as good!


so i believe it's definitely worths every single penny you pay..

 
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
10,943
Reaction score
0
I've only tried a few things from the line. I used to use their Double Perfection Foundation (for combi/oily skin) and i really liked it although i switched to EL Doublewear because i wanted more coverage. Their Irrelle Ombre e/s are beautiful but i dont like their quads. Ooh and i like their Aqualumiere lipsticks aswell. I think the one i had was Ipanema and it was a lovely nude. I think you'd like that shade Reija because i know you're a nude lip girl like me

 
Joined
Jun 4, 2005
Messages
3,721
Reaction score
0
The only Chanel thing I have is a berry lipstick... it's a perfect stain color. I would be much more tempted by Chanel if their sky-high prices didn't give me sticker shock...oh well, I'm only in high school, so I have time before I get sucked in to all high end.

 
Joined
Jun 15, 2005
Messages
461
Reaction score
0
I'm also Chanel Freak
This barand never dissapointed me.

At the moment I use Ombre Unique Eyeshadows, Irrele Blush, Irrele Soleil bronzing Powder, LipGloss, Eye Pencil and everything works perfectly


 
Joined
May 31, 2005
Messages
15,991
Reaction score
2
Originally Posted by ikebana As for eyeliners, I like "Le Crayon Kohl--Intense Eye Pencils" (smooth, shimmery, easy to blend and smudge-- colors are limited though!
). I agree with envymi on the automatic liners... they're not my favorite, I much prefer the pencils.
Hope this helped!


I second this, I absolutely love the eye pencil.My favorite from Chanel is their lipstick, I have plenty of their lipsticks.

I remember four years ago; I was looking for lipstick that won't dry my lips.

I never like wearing lipsticks, because I always end up feeling dry and chapped lips.

Chanel staff, recommend me their lipstick and gave me the samples. Ever since that I never purchase other lipsticks brand, except Chanel.

Recently I've purchased quite a few products from Chanel. So far I love their new Coromandels and the Sunset Gold lipsgloss. I never really tried their skincare line though. I got so many skincare sample from Chanel, but I never tried any of it. Maybe it's because they have strong scented products ( I don't really like strong scented skincare). But few days ago, I tried two of their skincare products and I kinda like it. I think I might want to give it a try.

 
Joined
Sep 27, 2003
Messages
11,114
Reaction score
4,215
Thank you for all your opinions! I ended up ordering the double perfection compact powder (I've used this before and liked it a lot, finding the right shade just seems to be a bit tricky). I also got the nude lip liner and Aqualumiere lipstick in Ipanema. (Thanks Laura). I'll let you know how everything works out when I get the orders in the mail. I know it would have made more sense to go to the Chanel counter and check these out but I don't like going to the malls. I prefer online shopping.

 
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
1,164
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Thank you for all your opinions! I ended up ordering the double perfection compact powder (I've used this before and liked it a lot, finding the right shade just seems to be a bit tricky). I also got the nude lip liner and Aqualumiere lipstick in Ipanema. (Thanks Laura). I'll let you know how everything works out when I get the orders in the mail. I know it would have made more sense to go to the Chanel counter and check these out but I don't like going to the malls. I prefer online shopping. I don't know if you like shimmery lipstick, but my fave is Temptress.
 
Joined
Feb 16, 2005
Messages
5,115
Reaction score
0
Reija, enjoy your new haul. I hope you'll like the Nude Lipliner as much as I do! Can't live without it now


Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Thank you for all your opinions! I ended up ordering the double perfection compact powder (I've used this before and liked it a lot, finding the right shade just seems to be a bit tricky). I also got the nude lip liner and Aqualumiere lipstick in Ipanema. (Thanks Laura). I'll let you know how everything works out when I get the orders in the mail. I know it would have made more sense to go to the Chanel counter and check these out but I don't like going to the malls. I prefer online shopping.
 

Jen

Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
685
Reaction score
0
The nude l/l is the best I've ever tried! Great color and will go great with your Ipanema...I've got both.

 

Latest posts

Top