stupid fendi

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
22,240
Reaction score
1
i have this fendi bag and i take good care of it because well, it WAS expensive LOL

anyway, i just noticed that the fabric's changing color, lightening up a bit. here are pics to show you what i mean...





you could see it's a little brown. it's more noticeable in person.

i'm wondering if maybe it's just a little dirty, if it's fading, or what. if anyone else has this bag or any fendis, has this happened to yours?

if i wanna clean it, do you think i could use a damp cloth to wash it a little? i'm sure it's fine, but i wanna make sure!

what do you all think?

 

Liz

Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
9,784
Reaction score
2
ooh. that sucks. that happened to my old black coach purse that had that kind of fabric. don't know how to fix it though
sorry!

 
Joined
Oct 22, 2003
Messages
22,667
Reaction score
442
Location
Huntington Beach, CA
Originally Posted by Jennifer

i have this fendi bag and i take good care of it because well, it WAS expensive LOL
anyway, i just noticed that the fabric's changing color, lightening up a bit. here are pics to show you what i mean...





you could see it's a little brown. it's more noticeable in person.

i'm wondering if maybe it's just a little dirty, if it's fading, or what. if anyone else has this bag or any fendis, has this happened to yours?

if i wanna clean it, do you think i could use a damp cloth to wash it a little? i'm sure it's fine, but i wanna make sure!

what do you all think?




Damn, Jen, you got some killer nails! nice!
 
Joined
Oct 22, 2003
Messages
22,667
Reaction score
442
Location
Huntington Beach, CA
Originally Posted by Charmaine

LOL Tony! That sure came out of nowhere!


Yes, cuz I don't know what purses are, but I do know what nails look like lol....take some pics of them and show them off
 
Joined
Mar 8, 2005
Messages
9,100
Reaction score
31
are you sure you didn´t spill something on it? like something you had IN your purse (like perfume etc)

cause I wouldn´t know why it would fade with no reason. after all you´d think Fendi makes high quality purses.

 
Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
22,240
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by Liz ooh. that sucks. that happened to my old black coach purse that had that kind of fabric. don't know how to fix it though
sorry!
ah, that sucks. at least i know i'm not the only one


Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Damn, Jen, you got some killer nails! nice! LOL! they're acrylics, as in only half is mine LOL thank you, though


Originally Posted by Arielle are you sure you didn´t spill something on it? like something you had IN your purse (like perfume etc)
cause I wouldn´t know why it would fade with no reason. after all you´d think Fendi makes high quality purses.

positive! i never put anything like that in my bag and if i do, it's probably makeup, but that goes into a separate, thick makeup bag, but nothing's ever leaked.

Originally Posted by MAC Jen, I am so sorry to see that happening to such a nice purse!!! What will you do about it? i have no idea, so i'm hoping someone will know
 
Joined
Oct 22, 2003
Messages
22,667
Reaction score
442
Location
Huntington Beach, CA
woo, nice quoting Jen all in one post! There is a mod that we might make someday that automatically does this. Seem as if you have MUT down pat!

Anyhow nice nails!

 
Joined
May 5, 2005
Messages
2,769
Reaction score
0
You should take it to a fendi store,they can fix /clean it.My stupid dog bit part of the leather on my louis vuitton bag and i took it to the lv store and they fixed it .they will prob charge you though.

 
Joined
Apr 24, 2005
Messages
1,827
Reaction score
0
A similar fading incident happened to a friend of mine, but hers is a Dior bag. She sent it back and they sent her a brand new bag! Exact same bag but brand new with tags and no fading. No questions asked. She just sent a little note saying what the problem was.

 
Joined
May 31, 2005
Messages
296
Reaction score
0
hmmm..it could be the fabric of the fendi bag...cause my fendi bags are made out of a more course material (not the smooth kind that u have) so i have never had that problem.

but u should take it back to the fendi store and ask them to help you fix it or something. just don't scrub it or try to clean it yourself...my friend did that once and it got worse!!

 
Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
22,240
Reaction score
1
thanks, girls!

the thing is is that i bought this off ebay (authentic, know for a fact), so wouldn't they ask for proof of purchase or something?

 
Joined
May 5, 2005
Messages
2,769
Reaction score
0
Thet might,lv ask me for my receipt over the phone,but when i was in the store mthey didnt ask for it?At least give it try.

 
Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
22,240
Reaction score
1
i definitely will. thanks!

do you think it'd be okay to bring it to the drycleaners (my mom suggested)? maybe they could do something or do you think because it's not clothes, i shouldn't?

 
Joined
May 5, 2005
Messages
2,769
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Jennifer i definitely will. thanks!
do you think it'd be okay to bring it to the drycleaners (my mom suggested)? maybe they could do something or do you think because it's not clothes, i shouldn't?


I wouldnt because if it "goes missing" you cant get refunded cause those dry cleaners are not responsible.

 
Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
22,240
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by nydoll23 I wouldnt because if it "goes missing" you cant get refunded cause those dry cleaners are not responsible. if that's the only problem about bringing my bag, then i don't mind. i go to the same ones all the time. it just sounds weir bringing a bag, right?
 
Joined
May 5, 2005
Messages
2,769
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Jennifer if that's the only problem about bringing my bag, then i don't mind. i go to the same ones all the time. it just sounds weir bringing a bag, right?

I would still worry a bit cause they are not experts on bags so there is a possiblility that they can ruin it.

 

Liz

Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
9,784
Reaction score
2
i wouldn't bring it to the dry cleaners.

the color changing is from the dye rubbing off from wear. i would bring it to a fendi store or try contacting them via email to see what you could do. if you go to a dry cleaners, they (fendi) would say the problem was because of the dry cleaner and it's not the bag's fault.

 
Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
22,240
Reaction score
1
thanks, girls. i guess that's outta the question.

i can't even find contact info for fendi. there website said it'll be up soon. anyone know where i can find the number or e-mail?

 
Joined
Apr 24, 2005
Messages
1,827
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Jennifer if that's the only problem about bringing my bag, then i don't mind. i go to the same ones all the time. it just sounds weir bringing a bag, right? Go ahead and take it to the cleaners. They won't think it's weird. I worked at a dry cleaners a few years ago and you'd be surprised at what people bring in. They'll do what they can for it, just spot cleaning. If it's dirt, it would be best if you knew exactly what got on it. If it's fading, then their processes won't do anything to harm it but they won't help either. If you decide to take/send it to Fendi after, don't tell them you tried dry cleaning.
 
Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
22,240
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by spazbaby Go ahead and take it to the cleaners. They won't think it's weird. I worked at a dry cleaners a few years ago and you'd be surprised at what people bring in. They'll do what they can for it, just spot cleaning. If it's dirt, it would be best if you knew exactly what got on it. If it's fading, then their processes won't do anything to harm it but they won't help either. If you decide to take/send it to Fendi after, don't tell them you tried dry cleaning. sorry so late! totally forgot about this thread.
yeah, i won't waste my money because i don't think they'll do anything, but thank you!

i called fendi and they told me they can't do anything unless i bought it from a boutique and i told them i got it as a gift and they couldn't find the "person who bought it for me", so i couldn't lie anymore LOL

 

Latest posts

Top