Stupid Question

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK, this may be a stupid question, but how do you go about doing CP's or RAOK for people?

Originally Posted by redrocks

OK, this may be a stupid question, but how do you go about doing CP's or RAOK for people?

You mean you wanna send them something?

WELL I HAE QUESTION TOO! HOW DO YOU STRART A THREAD?
icon_question.gif

Yeah Tony. I was just curious.

I've seen people post that they received their package today from (insert name here) and it was so nice of them to do a RAOK.

I'm just wondering, did those two people talk about it before hand or did a surprise package just show up? If it's the later, how did they get an address? I guess I'm just looking for some clarification.

Originally Posted by Charmaine A RAOK usually happens when someone has an item that they want to give away instead of swap. Some people go about it by looking through wishlists and check if there is someone who is wanting that product. If so, then they pm that person and communicate and then the person getting the RAOK gives their address and the item is sent.
Another way that a RAOK can happen is someone just posts a message on the board saying, "Oh I have this item I want to give away, I'll give it to the first person who pms me." Then an address is given also.

As for a CP, that means custom purchase, and it occurs when someone wants an item but it is sold out at the store nearest them. They usually ask around (by posting a thread) if someone will do a CP for them. Some people will do CPs for each other, and I believe it also happens where someone will swap away their item in exchange for a CP. I'm not all clear on this since I haven't done it, but I'm sure someone can give you a clearer explanation. Hth!

Awesome!

Latest posts

Back