Suffering from OCD

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad meds are working for most of you and yours...it made me worse...I actually ended up going to a doctor who specializes in Chinese herbal treatments and after a few different attempts at some herbal blends, he mixed something together for me that helps my hormonal balance. I'm still not completely sane
icon_twisted.gif
but I noticed a big difference in my behavior patterns and how I felt overall. I do find that times of extreme stress just cause me to go completely loony, those are times when massage and accupuncture and overall self pampering are really helpful. I've posted before that I believe doctors have a tendency to over-medicate and it can make certain conditions worse, so in my life I'm all about natural and alternative treatments.

As far as OCD, I'm a checker-not to any extremes-everything for me has to be in threes, but I'm also obsessive about EVERYTHING...it's really hard to deal with anything if the people around you, especially family, aren't educated about it. That would be the first step I would think...make sure everyone who needs to know about it learns the facts about it.

Originally Posted by envymi I'm glad meds are working for most of you and yours...it made me worse...I actually ended up going to a doctor who specializes in Chinese herbal treatments and after a few different attempts at some herbal blends, he mixed something together for me that helps my hormonal balance. I'm still not completely sane
icon_twisted.gif
but I noticed a big difference in my behavior patterns and how I felt overall. I do find that times of extreme stress just cause me to go completely loony, those are times when massage and accupuncture and overall self pampering are really helpful. I've posted before that I believe doctors have a tendency to over-medicate and it can make certain conditions worse, so in my life I'm all about natural and alternative treatments.As far as OCD, I'm a checker-not to any extremes-everything for me has to be in threes, but I'm also obsessive about EVERYTHING...it's really hard to deal with anything if the people around you, especially family, aren't educated about it. That would be the first step I would think...make sure everyone who needs to know about it learns the facts about it.

GP! Very good point envymi! I also agree that medications can also contribute to symptom's and can even make them worse. Medication is not always the answer and even if it is, sadly these medication also have side effects like weight gain hairloss loss of sex drive etc.I wholeheartedly agree that Natural is better, but in extreme situations meds can be a way forward. It has been pr oven recently that exercises can help with ocd and depression/homones etc. Even eating more bananas's and having porridge oats,nuts,fish oils etc is great for depression! It can be difficult to even think that far ahead for some people but it all plays a part.I always try to avoid caffeine as it gives me a sort of hit/buzz and can increase the heart rate, which can makes ocd worse.

If someone was desperate for relief of their OCD Depression etc and the only hope for them to actually get better is meds then it can be a good place to start, but natural and alternative are ultimately better. My next goal is to get onto St.John's Wort rather than have to rely on Prozac.

Latest posts

Back