Sugar + Cleanser = Clean and Fab Face!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Jennifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif thanks for the tip. it works on my body, so i'm sure it'd work on my face. Dear Jennifer:I love sugar body scrubs. My skin is very dry and it makes it smooth. I just bought a scrub at Bath & Body and it works so great but it smells awful. It has alot of aromatherapy oils in it. I love rasperry, lemon, orange, etc.

Where can I find one that will give me the best results, and smells great too.

Thanks, Sheila Rose

Originally Posted by sheilarose /img/forum/go_quote.gif Dear Jennifer:I love sugar body scrubs. My skin is very dry and it makes it smooth. I just bought a scrub at Bath & Body and it works so great but it smells awful. It has alot of aromatherapy oils in it. I love rasperry, lemon, orange, etc.

Where can I find one that will give me the best results, and smells great too.

Thanks, Sheila Rose

Neutrogena has a citrus sugar scrub which I find works especially well.

wow is this a new fad? Im kidding I wonder how my skin would react to sugar its reacts badly to grapefruit, aloe and lemon and few others

Oh I'm loving this sugar-cleanser method for exfoliate and I've been using it ever since I read this thread. I can't believe I've neglected my Obagi triple peel lol.

Originally Posted by Ricci /img/forum/go_quote.gif wow is this a new fad? Im kidding I wonder how my skin would react to sugar its reacts badly to grapefruit, aloe and lemon and few others The acidic content of grapefruit and lemon may be causing the irritation, but sugar has none. And sugar, unlike salt, is not as abrasive.
bath.gif

Originally Posted by Bobbi John /img/forum/go_quote.gif Neutrogena has a citrus sugar scrub which I find works especially well. Hi Bobbi :My skin is very dry. Is this a body scrub.

SheilaRose

Originally Posted by sheilarose /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi Bobbi :My skin is very dry. Is this a body scrub.

SheilaRose

Hi Sheilarose,
Neutrogena's citrus sugar scrub is a body scrub. I find it not too oily-greasy as some are. Very soothing as well as energizing fragrance.

Originally Posted by lesliemostly /img/forum/go_quote.gif I LOVE to mix some sugar in a little olive oil and use it as a scrub to exfoliate the face and body. Ooh, I've never tried mixing with olive oil. I bet that makes an amazing body scrub! I'm going to try that tomorrow.

Thanks for reminding me I need to exfoliate my face.
smile.gif
It's been a little bit.

I use olive oil, sugar and honey. It does wonders for the skin and great at replenishing moisture to the skin.

good tip. i've tried it a while ago on my face, but i've forgotten my skin was sensitive, arg, it became so red i rinsed the scrub immediately and put a good amount of cream. never again. but mix olive/coconut (or both) oil with sugar, and you have the best bodyscrub ever.

I will definately try that, i normally mix olive oil and suger for the hands.The feel really soft afterwards.

Back