Sugar + Cleanser = Clean and Fab Face!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I have been doing this for years on my face and body and it works so well. Much better than scrubs that seem to have little effect and of course cheaper too!

ive heard of just sugar water and something else...but not mixed w/a cleanser.

Wow thank you so much! I started doing this and so far it is working fantastic without irritating my skin!

will try this later. thanks for the tip!

one question... can you do this like every night without causing any problem/s to my oily sensitive skin? pores on my face are so visible (yeah it suckss) and i've read that exfoliating with grainy stuff like this would "unclog" (lol!) them but overdoing so would cause more oil secretion (nooo!).

I'd advise no more than once a week, perhaps twice on the areas that need it. I don't like much sugar for face skincare, imo it's a tad too harsh so i substitute baking soda.

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'd advise no more than once a week, perhaps twice on the areas that need it. I don't like much sugar for face skincare, imo it's a tad too harsh so i substitute baking soda. thanks!
smile.gif

*Mortal Kombat Theme plays* LOL!

I love using baking soda for many different things, but I find it very drying. Do you mix it with olive oil too, or just a facial cleanser? My skin is so dry. I think the sugar might be less irritating for someone with very dry skin.

I sometimes use it with my oil cleanser, but i just prefer the creamy consistency for my scrub so instead i use Vichy 3 in 1 cleanser. I think my problem lies more in the size, baking soda is a thiner grain so it does the job better. If you have very dry skin, then i suppose sugar will get rid of more dry patches than baking soda. Whatever works for you, all sugar did in the past for me was to create more redness on my face, so i know it's best kept for cooking
laughing.gif

I agree with magosienne, exfoiliating too much on your skin could harm it as well. For all of you that have not tried using sugar and honey as a hand exfoiliator, you are missing out! Check out this post I did on my website about my takes and easy recipe for softer hands @ Sugar and Honey Scrub: Review - XAGirlAndHerLipstickX

I like using this recipe everytime I get ready to do my at home mani.

i will try it but i'm afraid to mix sugar with cleanser.how can i remove it with water?the cleanser is oily

Use warm water
smile.gif
And if you're still not convinced you have removed everything, this is also one of the uses of toner
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back