Sugarpill Shadows and blending?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone else have issues blending their shadows from Sugarpill? I bought the Heartbreaker and Burning Heart palette about a month ago and just recently tested them out with a full eye. For me, the shadows go on pretty blotchy -- heavy in color in some areas and somewhat-sheer in other areas and are IMPOSSIBLE to blend together. I thought it may be the Primer I use, UDPP, so I switched up and tried Too Faced Primer, but still had the same problem.

Anyone else have this issue or something similar? If so, how did you fix it?

I've never had a problem with blending Sugarpill's palettes not even the new one. What type of blending brush are using? Are you going in one direction when blending or in a windshield wiper motion (back and forth)?

I don't have too much issue either. I will say that since they are matte or nearly matte that they will be a bit harder to blend than shimmer shadows.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've never had a problem with blending Sugarpill's palettes not even the new one. What type of blending brush are using? Are you going in one direction when blending or in a windshield wiper motion (back and forth)?
I just use the ones from ELF, and I go in a windshield wiper motion. Could those brushes be the cause? The only 2 shadows from them that actually don't go on blotchy for me are the black and white ones, i.e. Bulletproof and Tako.

Quote: Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't have too much issue either. I will say that since they are matte or nearly matte that they will be a bit harder to blend than shimmer shadows.
Ahh yes, that's probably contributing to the problem. Thanks! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

One thing that might help is the order you work in. Since I know mattes are trickier, I do brow highlight, crease color, then lid color. That way instead of trying to blend over the primer you are blending over the previously applied eyeshadow.

I don't have a problem with blending Sugarpill's eyeshadows. Very smooth to me.

I personally don't have a problem with sugarpills eyeshadow, but I do where you coming from I have had the same problem with other products, what I suggest (Other ladies are giving good advice as well) Try using a NYX jumbo pencil "MILK" before you start too but it on and also you have to dabb it on in sections that should do the trick :)

Kiyota Pugh MUA

Latest posts

Back