Suggestions for an eye primer!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I never had an eye primer before and now I know that I have to buy one because my e/s dissapears through the day! I know Urban Decay's it's the best,but we don't have it here in Greece!
icon_sad.gif
So I want to tell me what other product can I use for an eye primer!!

If you cant get your hands on UD PP, i'd suggest trying MAC Bare Canvas paint! That's what i use everyday and my e/s stays put for 8-12 hours
biggrin.gif

Oh Trish!!! Thanks sooooo much! What can i say?? You're very sweet!:icon_love

And thanks so much about the site,I didn't know that some sites ship worldwide!!!That's nice because I can't find UD anywhere!!

Thanks again!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha thats a shame you cant get it, cos it is the best! Sophia i have quite a few spares of it brand new in box, i will send you one!
if you end up liking it, you can order from here

FAB site! i use it a lot x

http://www.hqhair.com/

UD Primer

the site ships worldwide too and is very reliable x

Laura Mac's Paints aren't e/s? Can they used as primers?

Originally Posted by Laura If you cant get your hands on UD PP, i'd suggest trying MAC Bare Canvas paint! That's what i use everyday and my e/s stays put for 8-12 hours
biggrin.gif

I suppose that I have to get the same shade of paint with my e/s,in order to use it as a primer!

Originally Posted by Trisha they can be used as a primer and do work well, but i found them to very drying to my lids if used everyday, whereas the UD isnt drying at all x

Bare Canvas is a neutral Sophia so you can use an colour e/s over it! But hey Trisha, that's so generous of you to send a UD PP to her *hugs*

Trisha is certainly deserving of what I sent her. She has been a gem to me. Thx Trisha!!!!
claps.gif

I really did it for Benz and the pooches
icon_eek.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif
and don't forget the mashed! LOL

U r welcome my dear - anytime!!!

I am a pitiful sight this morning. Ran out of the gym (as usual) w/no m/u and as soon as I got the office things were already crazy. Hah - it's Friday
redface.gif
) and going to get my Stila stuff tomorrow. Yay!! I see Stila has more new stuff out (foundation stick, concealer).

Originally Posted by Trisha i still cant thank you enough! off to get the chicken fillets later! LOL x

If you don't want to spend extra money, I just use foundation and loose powder! The loose powder seems to make the biggest difference, it soaks up any oil on my skin and lets my e/s last all day! (Or at least through the workday!) And on days I'm running late, I'll put just loose powder and eyeliner on my lids and the eyeliner will last all day until I wash it off ... but without the powder, my eyeliner ends up in my crease in just a few hours because my eyes are so deep-set!

And it seems to work with any brand of loose powder, even the powders that didn't do a good job of keeping the rest of my face matte!
smile.gif

I agree! Mac Paints are great as a base. I'm able to blend my eyeshadows much easier when I use the paints.

MAC Paints do make a great base, but I agree with Trisha that they can be drying if used everyday. I find my lids will get flaky!

Originally Posted by Trisha you are welcome Sophia!
anyone i owe packages to, im sending out today, i think its just Sophia and Marisol tho! xx

Whoo hoo!:icon_love

I don't know if anybody here knows about the Korean Brand Etude House but they have this really good eye primer called Proof 10 eye primer. It is really good almost as good as UDPP but not as expensive. But would really love to try UDPP it's just not easily available in the Philippines and it's sooo...expensive..
icon_cry.gif
check this review though it might help http://thecuriouszealot.blogspot.com/2011/03/product-review-etude-house-proof-10-eye.html

Do you have access to NARS? I find the NARS Smudgeproof Eye Shadow Base to out-perform both TFSI & UDPP.

Some eyeshadow primers that I would recommend are...

-Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion

-Trish McEvoy Eye Base Essentials

-Lancome Aquatique Waterproof Eyecolor Base

-Too Faced Shadow Insurance

-LORAC Behind The Scenes Eye Primer

-NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base

just to name a few... I have had good experiences with these primers and would recommend them to anyone.

Latest posts

Back