Suggestions for starter pigments and paints?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi ladies....I am ready to get more into Mac pigments and paints...if you guys feel they are worth it.......

On ebay i got the little 1/4 teaspoon samples of deckchair, provence and coco.....love what i have so far..........any other suggestions for some good starter colors? Also, I don't have any Mac paints....... any starter suggestions there?

vanilla pigment is a must,i have to get more i ran out,thats how much i use it
smile.gif

I agree with Charmaine on this one Kerri. Stillife is so pretty. Its a shimmery champagne colour, Canton Cnady is fantastic under pinks & i love Mauvism alone or under purples. They are my 2 fave paints.. Oh and i almost forgot Bare Canvas but i just use that as an e/s base!

stilife paint and beige-ing shadestick are great staples. you can use these under any color to make the colors show up more than using shadows by themselves.

slightly darker cream colors are bamboom paint and shimmersand shadestick.

other colored paints and/or shadesticks just make the colors pop even more or change the color a bit. so it depends on what you want and are looking for.

chartru paint and lucky jade are good for greens

corn shadestick is good under yellows and oranges

sea me is good under blues.

Originally Posted by kerri Hi ladies....I am ready to get more into Mac pigments and paints...if you guys feel they are worth it.......On ebay i got the little 1/4 teaspoon samples of deckchair, provence and coco.....love what i have so far..........any other suggestions for some good starter colors? Also, I don't have any Mac paints....... any starter suggestions there?

STILIFE PAINT!! You must own it. LoL
Pigments:

Vanilla

Fairylite

Melon is pretty

Kitschmas is awesom

I love Bamboom paint. Great base, just shimmery enough.

Pigments I haven't tried---afraid I'll get addicted!

I really like Tan Pigment!!It's so beautiful on the cheekbones, and you can also use it as a bronzer or over your ordinary bronzer for more glow if your bronzer is matte!!!
cool.gif

If you only ever buy one pigment i'd say it has to be tan the colour is beautiful, though I am a big fan of gold/bronze colours :icon_love

And for paints I only have one and thats bare canvas I use it as a base and wouldnt be without it now.

oh! oh! let me jump in too!

My personal "must haves"

Paints-

Shimma

Stilife

Bare Canvas

Pigments:

vanilla

coco

Provence

deckchair

melon

greenbrown (ouch, thats kind not fair, cuz you have to hunt for it, MAC said its discontinued, which is the DUMBEST thing ever!!!!)

Fairylite.

Latest posts

Back