summer breakouts question ?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hello dolls 

well the weather is just blazing and my skin tends to breakout more or my whole face gets these little blemishes 
icon_redface.gif
 and i was just wondering if anyone with the same problem have any tips or advice as what products to use i have combination / sensitive skin 

--->my skin care and face foundation routine ;

wash my face with st.ives apricot scrub

concealer ; boing by benefit cosmetics

foundation; clinique tined moisturizer 

powder; clinique stay- matte pressed powder

The answer is quite simple : wear sunscreen, sun is really a false friend for your skin, and you say it's combination and sensitive, two factors to take into account.

Also, washing your face with a scrub everyday is really not necessary, especially with a sensitive skin. Although i haven't used that product myself but i was under the impression that scrub was far from gentle. It may be the result of that everyday scrub, because a sensitive skin that has a bad reaction can lead to pimples. It's not acne per se, just the consequence of something your face cannot bear.

In terms of washing my face, i either use aleppo soap, or just my makeup remover if i feel it's not particularly dirty. I prefer using gel or water based removers, creams are just too rich. I only add oil for heavy eye makeup. For the scrub, i either do it myself with jojoba pearls (added in a simple emulsion) or baking soda (under the form of paste), or i buy one. I do a scrub every 10 days or so, and it's really enough for me. That way i don't hesitate to indulge in more pricier products. I like Avene's facescrub, as well as Korres' thyme honey scrub, which is particularly economical. Ahava has also a good facescrub.

I have rosacea (i have a reactive skin), so i wear sunscreen everyday. I used to recommend La Roche Posay because it has a very fluid sunscreen for oily skins that works really well. However recently i've tried a more creamy formula from Vichy, for combination and sensitive skins, and i like it too.

Second LRP sunscreen.I agree with Magosienne, yes wearing sunscreen helps wt my breakouts.Im using Bioderma Photoderm Max Ultra Fluid sunscreen with SPF50, I feel its very much similar to Anthelios by LRP.

Just scrub ur face every 3 or twice a week.One more important thing, if you wear sunscreen, u must remove it with a makeup remover even thou u didn't wear any makeup.

Back