Summer Lips Need Help!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Everyone who knows me knows I'm a fanatic when it comes to lip products.  I don't even get my mail unless I have a colored gloss on. Well, recently.. because of allergies... my lips have not just become chapped, but they will occasionally get mild sores and bleed. Of course, I lick them, nibble them, bite off the dead skin which doesn't help either. But now it's really bugging me.

Because of the cracks & sores, my lipsticks and glosses always look blotchy after a while which I hate.Sometimes they even dry them out more.

So I'm turning to you for help:  What do you use--not a color or glamour product--to HEAL and/or SOOTHE your lips. I need something healing and I really don't know what is out there other than the ancient candlestick wax Cherry Chapstick.

Give me YOUR favorite products for keeping your lips soft, moist, healed and soothed!

Before I go to bed I apply a generous amount of lip balm. I will use either the Wet n Wild (the little 99 cent pots) or Lip Vitamins Lip Butter.

I have not had chapped lips since I started using Lypsyl a few years ago. Love it.

Exfoliate them with a lip scrub, to start with.  This will get rid of all the stuff on your lips that make the products look kind of flakey due to dryness.  As far as a balm goes, there are so many good ones on the market right now.  I was using Joer, which I ordered from Birchbox, and worked like a charm.  I believe it is $14.  I an now using a different lip treatment I got in a sample box that is a Dermstore brand, which also works great.  I only use them at night, right before bed. 

Back