Summer Lips Need Help!

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
Everyone who knows me knows I'm a fanatic when it comes to lip products.  I don't even get my mail unless I have a colored gloss on. Well, recently.. because of allergies... my lips have not just become chapped, but they will occasionally get mild sores and bleed. Of course, I lick them, nibble them, bite off the dead skin which doesn't help either. But now it's really bugging me.

Because of the cracks & sores, my lipsticks and glosses always look blotchy after a while which I hate.Sometimes they even dry them out more.

So I'm turning to you for help:  What do you use--not a color or glamour product--to HEAL and/or SOOTHE your lips. I need something healing and I really don't know what is out there other than the ancient candlestick wax Cherry Chapstick.

Give me YOUR favorite products for keeping your lips soft, moist, healed and soothed!

internetchick

Beauty Blogger
Reaction score
Before I go to bed I apply a generous amount of lip balm. I will use either the Wet n Wild (the little 99 cent pots) or Lip Vitamins Lip Butter.

Reaction score
I have not had chapped lips since I started using Lypsyl a few years ago. Love it.

Reaction score
Exfoliate them with a lip scrub, to start with.  This will get rid of all the stuff on your lips that make the products look kind of flakey due to dryness.  As far as a balm goes, there are so many good ones on the market right now.  I was using Joer, which I ordered from Birchbox, and worked like a charm.  I believe it is $14.  I an now using a different lip treatment I got in a sample box that is a Dermstore brand, which also works great.  I only use them at night, right before bed. 

Latest posts