Summer Moisturizers?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I personally have this problem each summer where my skin get a lot more oily than it is during the rest of the year.(I have combination skin) I was wondering what kinds of moisturizers people switch to (i.e from a cream to a lotion, lotion to a gel etc).? I recently bought Joey New York One-Step Toner and Moisturizer. My skin actually seems to be a less oily throughout the day. I was just wondering what everyone else uses, because I'm still lacking that SPF component of moisturizers that I want...I hope this made some sense.
icon_redface.gif

I'm currently using Clarins Moisture Quenching lotion and it's working great because it's a lightweight lotion. I have a combination skin also. The only problem is that it doesn't have SPF. I've been using the sample from Clarins called Line Prevention Multi-Active Day Lotion with SPF 15 and I really like it but won't buy it because of the price.
icon_cry.gif
I also tried a clarins sample for their UV Plus protective Day Screen SPF 40 and it worked nicely. I'm not sure how I'm going to solve the summer moisturizer SPF problem either yet.

I've been thinking about buying Sephora's Tinted Moistuizer with SPF 15, but I wonder if that would be over kill with with my Joey New York One-Step Toner and Moisturizer? I don't want to over load my skin with products; giving it a reason to hate me and breakout.

Originally Posted by blaquepooky I personally have this problem each summer where my skin get a lot more oily than it is during the rest of the year.(I have combination skin) I was wondering what kinds of moisturizers people switch to (i.e from a cream to a lotion, lotion to a gel etc).? I recently bought Joey New York One-Step Toner and Moisturizer. My skin actually seems to be a less oily throughout the day. I was just wondering what everyone else uses, because I'm still lacking that SPF component of moisturizers that I want...I hope this made some sense.
icon_redface.gif
I have oily skin, and I HIGHLY recommend using Mary kay's oil controll lotion for VERY oily skin. (this has no spf) and it ablsorbs oil through the day. The next one I would recommend if you want anti aging benifits too is Timewise Oily to combination Moistriszer. It has anti aging, and It absorbs oil as well. You can get the option of spf in this formula.

I just use my sunblock as a moisturizer in the summer. My skin is oily and rather acne prone, so fewer layers of product is better for my skin. I use a Mary Kay sunblock, I think it is called Sun Essentials. I also use a foundation with some SPF, but I don't entirely trust it for full sun protection.

Originally Posted by blaquepooky I personally have this problem each summer where my skin get a lot more oily than it is during the rest of the year.(I have combination skin) I was wondering what kinds of moisturizers people switch to (i.e from a cream to a lotion, lotion to a gel etc).? I recently bought Joey New York One-Step Toner and Moisturizer. My skin actually seems to be a less oily throughout the day. I was just wondering what everyone else uses, because I'm still lacking that SPF component of moisturizers that I want...I hope this made some sense.
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by Shanel I have oily skin, and I HIGHLY recommend using Mary kay's oil controll lotion for VERY oily skin. (this has no spf) and it ablsorbs oil through the day. The next one I would recommend if you want anti aging benifits too is Timewise Oily to combination Moistriszer. It has anti aging, and It absorbs oil as well. You can get the option of spf in this formula. hhm i'll have to ask my aunt about that moisturizer from MK since she sells it. and i have really oily skin.

I just realized that whenever I go to the beach, I usually piled on sunscreen lotions and moisturizers...I'm slow.
icon_redface.gif

I've come to the conclusion I'm just going to get a sheer liquid foundation that has SPF (Becca's LSC) in it and stick to my gel toner/moisurizer. My skin has looked so much better since I started this routine.

Latest posts

Back