Summer Scents at B&BW

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had a coupon, so I had to check out the new line from France at B&BW, Les Couvents de Minimes. The Honey & Shea smells good enough to eat, but again , very expensive stuff. The Lemon & Verbena is very refreshing. I couldn't really catch much scent from the 3rd fragrance, Acacia & something.

They may redeem themselves, however. They have teasers of their summer fragrances from their regular lineat the register. This time it's 2 florals: Gardenia and Violet. You can actually buy a 2 oz bottle of the Gardenia now, but you can only sample a tester of the Violet. They'll be out later this month. I love the Violet, but I don't think it will be a hit. I don't think many people like violet. And they've had Gardenia twize before and discontinued it. At least they'll have something new that doesn't smell like food.
icon_lol.gif

I smelled the violet, too, and loved it. I hope they keep it around for a long time - they seem to be doing really well lately with florals, because I think their new Cherry Blossom smells pretty good, too.

Marisol, the Honey & Shea body balm is $28. The hand cream is in 2 sizes, $20 & $12. The lip balm is, I think, $5. I can't remember the other prices. They have a little sampler of several products for $19.95 or $12 with another purchase.

A sa in another B&BW told me they Gardenia and the Violet will not be launched at the same time. Violet is gong to be their Mothers' Day scent.

can anyone compare the violet scent to any other violet perfumes? my fave is calypso st. barth's calypso violette, and im almost out. im trying not to buy anything, so it would be great if BBW violet was something i enjoy, becuase it would be much less expensive.

According to a SA both scents will be available tomorrow, Monday, April 18. I plan on getting the full treatment in violet.

What?? But Mother's Day is next week, and our store just GOT Violet Bouquet this week. They're going to have the scent out for all of a week? I don't believe that. And they gave the Le Couvent stuff in my store a huge rack in the wall, not just a special floor display, which they never do with seasonal stuff.

Maybe it's different in different areas, though.

Originally Posted by falfordnc

Stock up on your Violet Bouquet... it is only a "special fragrance" and will be off the floor after Mother's Day.. same with Le Couvent's Lavender and Acacia and Honey and Shea line.
PSSSSSt heard the June sale is going to be GREAT!!

Welcome to Makeuptalk!

Originally Posted by falfordnc Stock up on your Violet Bouquet... it is only a "special fragrance" and will be off the floor after Mother's Day.. same with Le Couvent's Lavender and Acacia and Honey and Shea line.

So will the Gardenia stay around a while longer?
When does the sale start?

Originally Posted by falfordnc Stock up on your Violet Bouquet... it is only a "special fragrance" and will be off the floor after Mother's Day.. same with Le Couvent's Lavender and Acacia and Honey and Shea line.

hi fallfordnc.
smile.gif
welcome to MuT. wow, thats a really short time for something to be LE. i need to get over there and check it out!

Latest posts

Back