Sun Protection

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by dizzy_lizzy /img/forum/go_quote.gif ty =) i wasnt really asking what the SPF is, since SPF only applies to sunscreen - something you apply heavily. a dusting of makeup doesnt really give SPF 15 even if the makeup contains it, b/c you need a certain mount for it to actually work (about 1-2 g, which is impossible with makeup)...i was just wondering if anyone from experience saw a difference w/ mmu..........do i make any sense? lol Ok I get what you mean. I agree that spf depends on how much product you put on your face. However with chemical sunscreens it doeasn't take much to achieve the desired protection. It takes about 1ml of the sunscreen to cover your face and get the appropriate spf rate.
Howver zinc oxide and titanum dioxide work differently, they sit on the skin. So it would be difficult to achieve a full protection trough mmu. But if you put sufficient amount of zinc oxide on your face you can get a good spf protection, however than you would not look nice
laughing.gif

I have a confession to make, that there was a time when I was so tired with the sunscreens that I stopped using them
smile.gif
I used only mmu. I do not spend much time on the sun, but still some. Nothing really bad happened to me when using mmu. Even if my face is very sensitive after retinoids and acids.

I hate chemical sunscreens, but I still use them. Sometimes I think it's way to much, especially due to the fact that I spend most of the time indoors, but I always want to be protected. I think I will continue using sunscreens till the end of my life.

thanks,w hat mmu do you use?

I use velvet plush from bareFaced minerals....sometimes I use my EDM samples...but at times EDM doesn't last and makes me itch...

Latest posts

Back