Sunblock?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am wondering if any one knows the best way to apply sunscreen? I know that a lot of foundations and moisturisers have a SPF added to them. If not what would be the best way to use it. I have a tube of sunblock and would like to use it daily but am not sure if i should use it before makeup and before moisturiser? Anyone Know? Thanks.

This is the order I use: moisturizer, sunscreen and foundation. If I'm not wearing any makeup I'll just use moisturizer and then the sunscreen if I'm going to be in the sun for a long period of time otherwise I'll just use a daily moisturizer with SPF.

I usually cleanse my face with a cleanser in the morn, put on moisturizer then sunblock, then do my make up as always.

My doctor said you should use sunblock everyday even if your make up has spf, because the spf in the make up isn't enough. The bottle said spf 15 or so, but in order for you to get the spf 15 protection, you need to apply a thick layer where its cakey otherwise you're not really getting the protection.

But you probably already know that. Just thought i would like to share anyway. I wish i knew sooner. I went through life not wearing sunscreen thinking that my make up already has it so its probably good and I stay in the sun all day.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) This is the order I use: moisturizer, sunscreen and foundation. If I'm not wearing any makeup I'll just use moisturizer and then the sunscreen if I'm going to be in the sun for a long period of time otherwise I'll just use a daily moisturizer with SPF.

Ditto what Reija said
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) This is the order I use: moisturizer, sunscreen and foundation. If I'm not wearing any makeup I'll just use moisturizer and then the sunscreen if I'm going to be in the sun for a long period of time otherwise I'll just use a daily moisturizer with SPF.

Latest posts

Back