sunburn

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What is a good home remedy for sunburn sting??? I need help quick, so sore don't feel like going to the store for over the counter help.

Here are some tips I found online. Hope that they help with the sting.

Bathe or shower in cool water to bring down your overall body temperature. Soak for 10 to 15 minutes.

Aspirin, ibuprofen or acetaminophen can ease the stinging and swelling somewhat.

If your legs or arms are sunburned, keep them elevated.

If your eyelids are burned, place chilled, damp tea bags over them to soothe them.

Sleep in loose-fitting pajamas or nothing to reduce pain.

Stay out of the sun for several days while your skin heals, or at least keep sunburned body parts covered up with a hat and protective clothing.

If you experience blistering, fever, chills or weakness as a result of your sunburn, contact your doctor. Do not pop the blisters or apply lotions or gels to them.

Apply cool, wet compresses to the burned area whenever you need relief from the heat.

Avoid breaking any water blisters. Apply antibacterial ointment to any that break on their own.

After getting burned, as soon as possible take 2000-4000 mg of Vitamin C. It will stop the pain by the next day, and the burn will heal much faster.

For mild sunburn, a paste of baking soda and water gives you relief. Or mix 2 tablespoons each of honey, glycerine, and lemon juice and 1 tablespoon pure alcohol or toilet water; put in a jar and shake until mixed.

Cover the burned area with plain yogurt. Use whole yogurt, not low-fat. Apply a smooth coat, leave it on for a few minutes, and rinse with cool water.

Drink plenty of water. It will definitely hydrate you and cool you off from the heat that you're feeling from the burn.

Using a wash cloth, apply vinegar and cool water to the burned area. This seems to take most of the heat out immediately.

In the future, follow the "slip, slop, slap" rule: Slip on a longsleeved shirt, slop on some broad-spectrum sunscreen (15 SPF or higher), and slap on a hat and sunglasses whenever you're going outside, especially between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., when the sun's strongest. Use 25 SPF or higher if you'll be exposed for an extended period or are fair-skinned. Reapply sunscreen liberally every 1 to 2 hours (more frequently if you are swimming or sweating).

Yeah - vinegar helps
smile.gif
I used that last year - smelled like a nasty salad, but I wasn't on fire anymore! lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I´ve always used yoghurt, and my skin never peeled. but thank god I never even had a real strong sunburn cause I´ve always been careful.

I once had a bad sunburn when I didn't wear any sunscreen and wore a tanktop, so the tops of my shoulders burned a bit. My mom suggested yogurt (must be a European thing) and it worked. Cooled the burn and I didn't peel which I was surprised at.

Back