Sunscreen

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK, I know this is a silly question, but I just have to get it out there. As of, 2 days ago
icon_smile.gif
, I decided I am going to use a sunscreen every day to prevent aging later on. I am 23. I picked up Stilas spf 30 skin visor, and so far, it hasn't broke me out. My question is, I know this is kind of a dumb question, but do you guys really think it will be worth it to wear sunscreen everyday rain or shine??? I guess I'm asking this b/c I hate the way anything extra feels on my face, even though I do like this sunscreen??? Thanks.

oh yes jenny! it is worth it, and you have to wear rain or shine! there are just as many uv rays when it is cloudy and raining as there are when it is sunny. the difference is that uvb rays often don't reach down when it is rainy, so you will not get a tan or burn, but uva rays - which are responsible for most wrinkling of the skin - cannot be filtered by clouds and rain. if you want a really good, truly matte finish sunscreen, try ddf's matte finsh photo age protection spf 30. you can find it on sephora.com. i have tried them all, and this one definately is my favorite!

Yes. It's definitely worth it. When I read interviews with movie stars and model, the onle thing the site as keeping them looking young is sunscreen (and a positive attitude....they never say plastic surgery...hmmmmm) and it just makes sense when you read about all the damage UV rays do to your skin and think about all the time you spend outside.

Is Stila's sunscreen expensive? Right now I'm using kinerase with SPF 15. It's pretty pricy, but it works really well, and supposedly Jennifer Aniston and Courtney Cox swear by the stuff.

No, It's not that expensive. It's not as cheap as a drugstore brand, but it's not an outrageous amount either where you would swear it's made of gold nuggets or something!!! I believe it was $24.

hey jujubee...

i was wondering (if you don't mind!) how old you are. i shelled out the money for a tube of kinerase, and i think because my skin is pretty young looking, i didn't notice any big results. but i don't have any fine lines even...only around my eyes. so i bought the kinerase intensive eye treatment, and i really like it. do you think it is sort of a precautionary method? have you noticed significant improvement? i would just be interested to know!

jennyb....the kinerase spf 15 might be a good choice for you actually. i know from using kinerase that it is not greasy at all! really nice texture. but i would like to hear back from juju about her results!

you may just want to go with a spf 15 in a moisturizer. there are lots and lots to choose from. i personally am sort of sunscreen obsessed and always wear a spf 30 or more. if i were you i would go to sephora and some cosmetic counters and test some out on your skin. i know at sephora they will give you samples. but i still swear by the ddf matte finish sunscreen. i have recommended it to friends who hate feeling a slick of sunscreen on their face too, and they have continued to use it. it really IS matte!

jessica

Jessica, do you know of any tinted moisturizers that are really light? I've been thinking about trying one of those.

YES WEAR A SUN SCREEN RAIN OR SHINE.

SOME OF THE EFFECTS OF THE SUN

• AGES THE SKIN
  • SKIN CANCER
  • ROUGH SKIN TEXTURE
  • BLACK HEADS
  • DILATED BLOOD VESSELS
  • CHERRY ANGIOMAS
  • ACTINC KERATOSIS
  • Originally Posted by jennyb OK, I know this is a silly question, but I just have to get it out there. As of, 2 days ago
    icon_smile.gif
    , I decided I am going to use a sunscreen every day to prevent aging later on. I am 23. I picked up Stilas spf 30 skin visor, and so far, it hasn't broke me out. My question is, I know this is kind of a dumb question, but do you guys really think it will be worth it to wear sunscreen everyday rain or shine??? I guess I'm asking this b/c I hate the way anything extra feels on my face, even though I do like this sunscreen??? Thanks.

I actually don't use the Kinerase intensive eye cream, but I do use the Kinerase SPF EVERYWHERE. I heard that unless you are battling serious dark circles and puffy eyes, a face moisturizer with SPF is better than an eye cream because the sunscreen is protecting the eye area from sun damage. I'm using Kinerase as a preventative measure. I don't have wrinkles yet, but I don't want any in the near future either adn I try to spend less on my other beauty products to make up for the expense, which leads me to my next item of business . . . tinted moisturizers!

I use Neotrogena's healthy skin enhancer. It has SPF 20 (so I'm getting double the sunprotection with Kinerase underneath) and Retinol to promote skin regeneration and it also has the perfect amount off foundation coverage. It's only 12 bucks at the drug store (I usually buy mine at Nordstrom's Rack and get it for 9.99) and it is the only makeup that matches my skin tone perfectly. I highly recommend it.

I have been wearing sunscreen on my face since maybe around age 16, I am 27 now. I dont care if I am pale as a ghost, people will be jealous of my non-wrinkled skin when I am old, lol. Living in Florida all my life, people think it is kind of funny I am so pale (I have only found like 2 foundations that I can wear b/c most are too dark, lol) My favorites are Olay Complete and I just bought the Aveeno face sunscreen and I like them both a lot.

Honestly if you're serious about sun protection the europian ones are THE BEST. I use La Roche Posay and Avene. LRP has mexoryl in it and the avene has tinosorb, both are photostable. Unfortunately I have to order these from overseas because they're not available in Australia,its worth it though to know you're skin is really being protected.

Latest posts

Back