Sunscreens! Did you know?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am the biggest fan of sunscreen. It is the best antiaging cream out there. UVA and UVB rays can penetarate through windows and also when driving in your car. So I faithfully wear sunscreen every day. Did you know that for a sunscreen to work to it's maximum efficiacy, 1/3 to 1/2 teaspoon of sunscreen lotion must be applied to the face and neck area. I did a measurment in a spoon. I had a generous amount of sunscreen to cover my face, neck, arms and then some. I use an spf 15 when I will not be outside. I am really cutting in half my amount of protection. I guess I will start wearing my spf 60 inside as well as outside.

WOW!
eek.gif
That's a large amount to sufficiently protect the face/neck. I guess I have to increase my SPF & keep wearing my hat & sunglasses as much as possible.

Thanks for posting this Then!
smile.gif

I totally agree with you Then. It seems like other people swear by this as well. Good advice!

Originally Posted by Then Hello Everyone,
I am the biggest fan of sunscreen. It is the best antiaging cream out there. UVA and UVB rays can penetarate through windows and also when driving in your car. So I faithfully wear sunscreen every day. Did you know that for a sunscreen to work to it's maximum efficiacy, 1/3 to 1/2 teaspoon of sunscreen lotion must be applied to the face and neck area. I did a measurment in a spoon. I had a generous amount of sunscreen to cover my face, neck, arms and then some. I use an spf 15 when I will not be outside. I am really cutting in half my amount of protection. I guess I will start wearing my spf 60 inside as well as outside.

Yes definitely I agree with all your comments. Unless you're spending more than 2 hours outdoors at a time, spf 15 is sufficient for protection.

Latest posts

Back