Super Baby Fine, Thin Oily Hair Probelm

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have super thin straight hair that is a little past my shoulders. I do have some layers. Can anyone recommend some hair styles, hair products, shampoo, conditioners, and hair sprays for my type of hair? Also, my hair has really oily roots and dry ends. I do add blonde highlights to my hair to help the oilyness but on the flip side the ends get dry from the coloring. Does anyone have any good advise? I am due for a haircut and color and I just dread getting my hair cut!! I know it is only hair but my hair is very difficult to hold any style for more than two hours and if I use certain products it weighs it down and starts looking greasy. AHAHAHHHHHAHAAAAHHHHHHHHH.
icon_mad.gif
icon_neutral.gif
icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted by sgermain28 I have super thin straight hair that is a little past my shoulders. I do have some layers. Can anyone recommend some hair styles, hair products, shampoo, conditioners, and hair sprays for my type of hair? Also, my hair has really oily roots and dry ends. I do add blonde highlights to my hair to help the oilyness but on the flip side the ends get dry from the coloring. Does anyone have any good advise? I am due for a haircut and color and I just dread getting my hair cut!! I know it is only hair but my hair is very difficult to hold any style for more than two hours and if I use certain products it weighs it down and starts looking greasy. AHAHAHHHHHAHAAAAHHHHHHHHH.
icon_mad.gif
icon_neutral.gif
icon_sad.gif
Hi Sger,I like bigsexyhair products, they hold my style all day, and my hair is like yours, oiler at the roots, dry on the ends. You could also try a Biolage Cera-repair treatment (ask your salon if they have it) If you want style ideas, there are a few links you can check out in our "Ultimate Hairstyle Thread" in this forum. You should also try not to condition past your ends, and don't apply products close to your scalp. Look for products that don't contain any silicones or heavy conditioners/straighteners/smoothers. These will also weigh it down.
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Hi Sger,I like bigsexyhair products, they hold my style all day, and my hair is like yours, oiler at the roots, dry on the ends. You could also try a Biolage Cera-repair treatment (ask your salon if they have it) If you want style ideas, there are a few links you can check out in our "Ultimate Hairstyle Thread" in this forum. You should also try not to condition past your ends, and don't apply products close to your scalp. Look for products that don't contain any silicones or heavy conditioners/straighteners/smoothers. These will also weigh it down.
icon_wink.gif

I agree with this, and also if you are using a styling add such as mousse, dry your hair a bit before putting it in, Your hair is like a sponge with it filled with water the product will just lay on the hair and not do what you are wanting it to do. Make sence? Hope so, goodluck

Latest posts

Back