Sure sign Autumn is approaching...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last night I spotted several flocks of Canada Geese flying over my house, honking away.They usually gather at a wildlife center not too far from where I live. The geese stay in this area until they migrate to the USA within the next month or less, depending on the weather. This is a definite sign Autumn is approaching. The nights are becoming cooler, starting to get dark out earlier.

we have geese flying over our house as well here in the Bay Area California! everyday, they fly from a field by my house, to a water resevoir, and then back to the field.

the end of summer coming soon.

I love autumn. Honestly, I am ready for a season change. It has been so hot and humid here this summer--I do not remember the last time it rained. Yup, I am a seasons girl--glad to see a bit of all four seasons.

Geese are so mean! They look so cute like you could pet them, but they will hiss at you, and one almost bit me once!

Leaves have been changing color and turning here, and falling too. The warmest it's supposed to be over the next 10 days is 77, and that's on Monday. After that, we're in the high 60s to low 70s. Might not seem too cool, but it also seems to be pretty dreary here in NY IMHO in the fall/winter.

woo hoo!! I'm ready for the fall, too bad it's too short
frown.gif

Yep I seen some geese flyin south tonight as well. Im so glad falls almost here. I can't stand the heat.

Yay! Fall is my favorite season... it's cold in the mornings but warms up where in the afternoon where I live.

Id like to see signs of autumn in North Carolina. Its still just as hot as it was when we moved in the middle of summer. -sigh- I cant wait for it to cool down.

Originally Posted by luxotika /img/forum/go_quote.gif Geese are so mean! They look so cute like you could pet them, but they will hiss at you, and one almost bit me once! We had a couple of geese land in the field behind us. My cat was all hunkered down, stalking him, but then he realized, wait, they are HUGE and loud... I think I'll scamper home instead! Good thing, those birds would have kicked his furry little ass!

Originally Posted by Kookie-for-COCO /img/forum/go_quote.gif I love autumn. Honestly, I am ready for a season change. It has been so hot and humid here this summer--I do not remember the last time it rained. Yup, I am a seasons girl--glad to see a bit of all four seasons. I'm ready too. I love autumn, it's my favorite season. And I'm definitely ready for the cooler air.

I am SO glad fall is almost here as well. I can't stand summer, but I love everything about fall- the colors, the cool air, the "smoky" smell of burning leaves in the air....

To me it is a magical time of year.

Autumn and Spring are my favorites, but they don't really seem to exist anymore. Its like Summer and Winter with a week between around here.

I've noticed that too. At some shops they started to sell serious coats and gloves, it gets dark earlier outside(makes me a bit depressed) during the summer it's gets dark like 9 or half 9pm in the UK but like today it got dark before 8pm!

I can't wait for Fall. I love the it when the leaves start turning, orange, yellow, red. Fall and Spring are my favorite seasons.....

I adore autumn, but this method of detecting it does not work in Toronto! The geese are there all year round! I wish people would stop feeding them!
mad.gif

Latest posts

Back