Surgi-Wax products: Face and Brazillian

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scarlette

Obsessed with lipstick
Reaction score
I was at Raley's supermarket today and saw on the clearance counter a microwavable wax that you use to wax your lip, chin and brows with at home. I was pretty creeped out by the idea of doing it myself without using the muslin strips, and since I get all waxing services for free at work, I was thinking.. why bother?

Well... I got home and broke open that box and put it in the microwave.. instant hot wax. I spread the wax on the brow bone and it started to harden a little bit. I lifted up the edge of the wax with my fingernail and RIP.. all my hair was gone in an instant and it didn't even hurt!!! No redness or irritation like I usual when it's done with strips at the salon.. I wonder why this is!? I did a great job, actually and they look awesome. I started getting addicted to waxing my face and did my chin too. Turned out great!

So, I went back out to the drug store and got the Surgi-Wax home Brazillian kit in Beach Breeze scent. I have no idea what Beach Breeze smells like LOL.. but it sounds good. I haven't tried it "down there" yet, but I think I am going to try it in the bathroom tonight. How fun is this? I hope it works! Has anyone used this brand? It's pretty good on the brows so far!

Oh wow! Thanks for posting that! That's really great. And so much cheaper than the salon too. I wonder if the leg wax kits are any good.

I ran across this online months ago and the only thing I had trouble grasping is, how in the world can someone do a Brazilian on herself?
icon_eek.gif
I'm not just talking about bikini area either. Full on Brazilian?! It takes two at the salon and for all of you who have had one, then you know what I'm talking about.

Is this the product that you are talking about?

200.jpg

I think that my sister uses that and she really likes it. May have to try it since I am a wuss when it comes to pain.

Originally Posted by Sofia These are the kits I was talking about:
http://www.aiibeauty.com/surgicare.html

The beach breeze is there so maybe it's the same one Scarlette is talking about.

Yeah! There is my Beach Breeze! hahaha! I didn't try it tonight, no time to do that. Plus, I feel weird going to the micro in front of my mom when she knows what I am going to do next.. just a weird feeling. I am going to wait until she goes out to shop or somethin.

NOTE: My kit did NOT come with the numbing oil and the Azulene oil. Only the prepping oil. No stencils came in my kit either.. that may be why I was only charged $2.00 or something crazy like that. The lady said they were on clearance. I think the new kits come with all the fun stuff including the heart stencil!

I have the Surgi-Wax and I love it...I've used the regular one, the face one and the Brazilian one...the Brazilian one I have only has the prep oil, not the other stuff...I usually get a little red and irritated when I get waxed down there. I had none of that with the Surgi-Wax! Because of stumbling upon this wax, I've started to just wax myself instead of going to someone.

Originally Posted by envymi I have the Surgi-Wax and I love it...I've used the regular one, the face one and the Brazilian one...the Brazilian one I have only has the prep oil, not the other stuff...I usually get a little red and irritated when I get waxed down there. I had none of that with the Surgi-Wax! Because of stumbling upon this wax, I've started to just wax myself instead of going to someone. Can u give us some tips on how to do a bikini wax on yourself?

Low prices like that are not uncommon when a particular retailer is discontinuing their sales of the product.

I tried the face stuff, but it didn't work. I still have it. Maybe I'll give it another whirl.

surgigelwand.jpg

Scarlette you have to let us know how it goes,i would rather wax myself than have a stranger do it.Hope it works out
smile.gif

I have been using the Brazillian kit for a year now, it works great for me, and it's not difficult if you have a big enough mirror to sit in front of. If you use the oils in the box you will see little or no irritation.

i want this stuff now. i have seen it i know i have but i dont know where. im not sure if it was from college or a shop. but im going to look everywhere now. is it only sold in grocery stores? or can u get it from a drugstore aswell?

Originally Posted by Scarlette I was at Raley's supermarket today and saw on the clearance counter a microwavable wax that you use to wax your lip, chin and brows with at home. I was pretty creeped out by the idea of doing it myself without using the muslin strips, and since I get all waxing services for free at work, I was thinking.. why bother?
Well... I got home and broke open that box and put it in the microwave.. instant hot wax. I spread the wax on the brow bone and it started to harden a little bit. I lifted up the edge of the wax with my fingernail and RIP.. all my hair was gone in an instant and it didn't even hurt!!! No redness or irritation like I usual when it's done with strips at the salon.. I wonder why this is!? I did a great job, actually and they look awesome. I started getting addicted to waxing my face and did my chin too. Turned out great!

So, I went back out to the drug store and got the Surgi-Wax home Brazillian kit in Beach Breeze scent. I have no idea what Beach Breeze smells like LOL.. but it sounds good. I haven't tried it "down there" yet, but I think I am going to try it in the bathroom tonight. How fun is this? I hope it works! Has anyone used this brand? It's pretty good on the brows so far!

Gurl, if you can do a Brazilian on yourself, big ups to YOU!
claps.gif

hmm this was interesting!too bad they don`t sell it here,but I might just try another at home kit!A bit tired of shaving down there so I`m gonna look for a brazillian!
icon_eek.gif
(I have never done waxing.Guess this will be a shock!!!)

Latest posts

Back