Symmetrical eyeliner tips??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I was trying to follow a tutorial on how to do a fox eye and I nailed it but the second eye was unsymmetrical and no matter how much I tried to fix it, it looked weird, either too long, too high. Any tips to make eyeliner more symmetrical?

It might be worth marking the start and end points before you begin blending. Use the end of your eyebrow, outer corner of your eye and your temple to map out the outer point.

Here's my tip: Use a straight edge tool, such as a disposable spoolie brush, to check the distances and angles, filling in where you need. Hold the brush vertically between your brows, on the center of the nose, and check your eyebrows look like they start the same distance away. Repeat to check both the bottom and tops of your brows line up, holding the brush horizontally. Check that the angle of your arch and ends match. Hold one end of the spoolie on the tip of your nose, the other end at the peak of your arch, check that it looks the same on both sides, repeat holding it at the end of your brow. Remember, you won't ever have perfectly symmetrical brows because no one has perfectly balanced face.

You can use household Scotch tape, or you can use surgical tape if your skin is a bit more sensitive. You will need one small piece for each eye. Fold one corner of the tape down, so that it creates a little flap that will make it easier to peel the tape off of your skin.

You can use household Scotch tape, or you can use surgical tape if your skin is a bit more sensitive. You will need one small piece for each eye. Fold one corner of the tape down, so that it creates a little flap that will make it easier to peel the tape off of your skin.
Draw your eyeliner wings. Once you are happy with the tape placement, grab your liquid or gel eyeliner. Using a tiny eyeliner brush, paint the product along the edge of the tape. The tape will ensure that the line of the wing is perfectly straight, and also guarantee that your wings are even on both sides forpc.onl youtube vanced for pc

Latest posts

Back