T. LeClerc loose powder?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Have any of you ever used T. LeClerc loose face powder in Banane? It is supposed to be "the perfect face powder", but frequently "perfect" and my end- results end up on opposite ends of the cosmetic rainbow. This powder retails for $45, has a yellowish tint and provides "luminosity on light skin tones and masks dark undereye circles". Feedback anyone?

Originally Posted by southerngal Have any of you ever used T. LeClerc loose face powder in Banane? It is supposed to be "the perfect face powder", but frequently "perfect" and my end- results end up on opposite ends of the cosmetic rainbow. This powder retails for $45, has a yellowish tint and provides "luminosity on light skin tones and masks dark undereye circles". Feedback anyone? IMHO, LeClerc has the best powders around. I wear the Abricot pressed powder everyday. Many pro MUAs swear by the Banane powder, but some also think it's way overpriced
frown.gif
The texture is great. I heard that the Ben Nye Banana Visage Poudre is the same quality though, for waaaaaay less than $45. You might wanna give this a try first and see.

Hey, thanks. I can get it on e-Bay for a good bit less than retail. I have oily skin. Do you think it's suitable and would it work over just a basic Lancome liquid foundation (the loose powder?)?

Originally Posted by iloveparis IMHO, LeClerc has the best powders around. I wear the Abricot pressed powder everyday. Many pro MUAs swear by the Banane powder, but some also think it's way overpriced
frown.gif
The texture is great. I heard that the Ben Nye Banana Visage Poudre is the same quality though, for waaaaaay less than $45. You might wanna give this a try first and see.

Originally Posted by southerngal Hey, thanks. I can get it on e-Bay for a good bit less than retail. I have oily skin. Do you think it's suitable and would it work over just a basic Lancome liquid foundation (the loose powder?)? The powder should work over your foundation. This powder has a yellow-tint, which means it would work pretty much on any skin tone, and it should take out any halation (shininess) of the skin. That's great that you can get it cheaper than retail
smile.gif
For transit though, try to get the pressed powder as well, so you can touch up during the day if you want. LeClerc has the best packaging when it comes to their compacts. Very classy-looking.

Originally Posted by Trisha I tried it and didnt see what all the fuss was about! x Ditto! I've got it and my first thought is that it's a total mess! The packaging could be better, especially for the cost....but it works. I'm sure there are better loose powders out there. I'm going to use every bit of it, though. I won't buy it again. Maybe I'll post a review....
Melissa

I'm a big fan of LeClerc powders. I have 3 shades: Banane (pale yellow), Cannelle (golden-brown) and Chair rosée (light peach). Couldn't live without :icon_love

I AGREE I DIDN'T SEE WHAT THE HYPE WAS ABOUT

Originally Posted by Mirtilla I'm a big fan of LeClerc powders. I have 3 shades: Banane (pale yellow), Cannelle (golden-brown) and Chair rosée (light peach). Couldn't live without :icon_love

Originally Posted by Lealabell I've read a lot of hype but never really heard good things from anyone I know. Yeah....as many people like this product, probably as much don't like it either. I like it because of the texture, and this is one of the few powders that I didn't have to keep putting on during the day (as I tend to get shiny). I heard too that they are produced under the strictest regulations.

Hi!

Coming up in a few weeks Benefit will be releasing a powder very much like this one. I believe it retails for $24. It is a loose yellow powder called Bluff Dust. It is very finely milled and goes on smooth and silky. I like it alot, and for the price it may be a good alternative.
icon_lol.gif

Latest posts

Back