Talk about a self esteem squisher!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think that your idea about the cardio based workout will put you on the right track. just stay positive and know that we all go through phases with our bodies. it helps me to remind myself that i'm a work in progress and i'm 47! just allow yourself to pass from this phase into the next and enjoy every step.

Originally Posted by PinkRibbons Today, I had my self esteem just stomped all over by Old Navy LoL. Usually, I can walk in, grab my size, and GO! I did that. And the jeans don't fit. And it depressed me to no end. I even got the ones with stretch in them!
icon_cry.gif

Anyway, as most of you know, I'm moving to Lubbock to start a whole new life at Texas Tech University, and I would love nothing more then to lose tons of weight and just have a whole new body for myself.
wink.gif

What are ya'll's favorite (cheap! Preferably FREE LoL) diets, that really work? Either fad diets, or just foods you think help in losing weight?

This is starting here, and now.

I also am going to go to the gym, hopefully everyday, if not, then just every other day, or if not the gym, then my CRUNCH! workout, which is a cardio based work-out and then it goes straight into a pilates workout. I love it, but it'll be difficult to do in a dorm! LoL

Anyway, I would love any help and/or support from you guys, because this just really got me down! More then it ever has before!

Love ya'll! :icon_love

Here is my advice after years and years of dieting myself to the state of Morbid Obesity. If you have ever heard that diets make you fatter it is true! Most people who loose weight by dieting gain it back plus a few extra. It really starts a vicous cycle. My suggestion is make small changes that you can live with forever. Here are a few things I have learned along the way. Most Fast Foods are really awful and loaded with fat and calories but there are good choices to be had when Fast Food is all that is available. When I eat I usually get a salad with grilled chicken and put just a very small amount of dressing on it. Sometimes I'll get a burger but I skip the fries. Try to cut out the fried foods, drink more water, definitly get exercise on a regular basis, and increase your fruits and vegatables. The denser the foods you eat the longer you will feel full. By that I mean an apple is firmer then say a small cup of pudding. They could be close in calories (depending on type of pudding) but the pudding will go right through your stomach where the apple will sit in there longer. If I eat a piece of grilled chicken I'm going to be much fuller then if I eat a helping of pasta the same size as the chicken, and it's going to hold me longer. I've gone from 354 pounds down to 160 pounds and I'm 6' tall so that isn't to bad. It took me two years to loose the weight and I've kept it off for over a year now. It's not always easy, it can be really hard. When I mess up, instead of beating myself up about and letting myself become filled with guilt I just move on and go back to my new habits. I don't wait until tommorow or Monday, I start back right away. Good luck. I didn't notice the date on your post so now that I've typed all this I hope I'm not way late. CarrieLynn

Originally Posted by PinkRibbons Today, I had my self esteem just stomped all over by Old Navy LoL. Usually, I can walk in, grab my size, and GO! I did that. And the jeans don't fit. And it depressed me to no end. I even got the ones with stretch in them!
icon_cry.gif

Anyway, as most of you know, I'm moving to Lubbock to start a whole new life at Texas Tech University, and I would love nothing more then to lose tons of weight and just have a whole new body for myself.
wink.gif

What are ya'll's favorite (cheap! Preferably FREE LoL) diets, that really work? Either fad diets, or just foods you think help in losing weight?

This is starting here, and now.

I also am going to go to the gym, hopefully everyday, if not, then just every other day, or if not the gym, then my CRUNCH! workout, which is a cardio based work-out and then it goes straight into a pilates workout. I love it, but it'll be difficult to do in a dorm! LoL

Anyway, I would love any help and/or support from you guys, because this just really got me down! More then it ever has before!

Love ya'll! :icon_love

I know I´m probably the wrong one to give any advice since I´ve never been overweight, but that doesn´t mean that I`m free of self esteem problems concerning my figure. this is something all women have in common: skinny or fat, straight or curvy. we ALL have something we´d like to change about our figure, so every woman on earth (ok maybe except for some supermodels who eat one cracker a day *lol*) is in the same boat.

let me tell you one thing first: clothes sizes SUCK. I don´t believe in them anymore, I have trouble finding jeans that fit too and (in european sizes) I have owned pants in sizes 32,34,36,38 and 40. and I didn´t gain any visible weight over the last year, so that couldn´t be the reason. enough said, sizes don´t mean shit!!!!

I don´t believe in scales either, I don´t even know how much I weigh right now just cause I don´t really care. well since you said you´re gonna try losing weight you might want to stay away from the scale, just see how you feel. I´m sure the healthy food and the workout will make you feel better about yourself instantly, just by knowing you´re doing something for your health and your self esteem. but think of it like that: if you´ve had a good week of dieting and workout and step on the scale thinking oh wow I must have lost a lot of weight already and for some weird reason you didn´t you´re gonna feel all down and think all the work was for nothing. people´s metabolisms work different, some loose weight faster than others, some days you burn calories faster than on other days. don´t be a slave of your scale, measure your progress on how you FEEL, cause that´s the most important thing anyway. nobody is gonna notice if you lost 5 pounds or gained 5 pounds, but if you stick to your plan and be proud of yourself for that you´re gonna feel good about yourself and THIS is what people are gonna notice.

and since you said you did sports in high school and were much more in shape back then it shouldn´t be too hard to get back on track. it´d be much harder to loose weight for somebody who has never worked out before, so you already have an advantage. and here´s another advantage: you´re a beautiful girl already, loosing weight will only make you feel even better about yourself. don´t think anything could make you more beautiful.

keep us updated, girlie and GOOD LUCK
icon_biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back