Tanner problem

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I put loreal sublime gel tanner on last night. I use it all the time and love it. However last night I moisturized right after my shower then put on the tanner. I did let the moisturizer dry well first. Usually I put the tanner on then later moisturize. Could putting the moisturizer on first caused the tanner not to work this time? It barely put a tint on my legs.

I don't self tan, so I don't really know, but I think that is probably the reason why it didn't work. I've always known to exfoliate, apply the tanner, and then moisturize. I would think that moisturizing before would make it not work good, or absorb in good for that matter.

So, how come it doesnt affect it after the tanner? Do you have to wait a certain amount of time after you apply the tanner before you moisturize??? Like should I wait till the next day like I usually do or can I just wait till the tanner is absorbed really well??

Just because it dried from the top of your skin doesn't mean your skin isn't still moist. Your skin can't absorb it all. (Just like how hair won't take a dye well after deep conditioning.)

Originally Posted by Bombheart /img/forum/go_quote.gif Just because it dried from the top of your skin doesn't mean your skin isn't still moist. Your skin can't absorb it all. (Just like how hair won't take a dye well after deep conditioning.) You typed the words right outta my hands. Yes, that is a very good way of explaining it.

Latest posts

Back