Tarte 12h full coverage foundation color match

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I have a friend travelling to the US soon and I can make a little cosmetics "order"
icon_cheers.gif

I would like to try the Tarte new foundation but since Tarte does not retail here I can't try the colors.

I have been reading that it is yellow based which is fine for me since I have yellows undertones but I can't decide between "light" and "medium". I wear "light" in BE mineral foundation.

What would you suggest? If no one here has tested it do you think it would be better to get a potentially too light one (to fix with powder or bronzer) or a too dark one ( to fix.... how?).

I just tried these out yesterday at ulta. I found them to be pretty true to color, maybe a touch dark with a strong yellow undertone. Light was far too dark for me, but it did blend really well. Compared to the tarte foundations that have the "agent" names these ones are definitely darker. Don't hold me to it, but if your a light in the other brand id say the light in Tarte seems like it might be a good match for you. 

Thank you so much Amber!!! I have never tried the "agent" ones from tarte but I read elsewhere that the color were close to their description. Nice to know that it is easy to blend.

I'm so sorry that its not much help just telling you the shade names and not the actual product, but I didn't pay attention when I was just playing around haha. 

I also wear light in BE, so I would recommend getting the light in Tarte Foundation. Medium will probably be too dark for you.

Originally Posted by swedgal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi everyone!

I have a friend travelling to the US soon and I can make a little cosmetics "order"
icon_cheers.gif

I would like to try the Tarte new foundation but since Tarte does not retail here I can't try the colors.

I have been reading that it is yellow based which is fine for me since I have yellows undertones but I can't decide between "light" and "medium". I wear "light" in BE mineral foundation.

What would you suggest? If no one here has tested it do you think it would be better to get a potentially too light one (to fix with powder or bronzer) or a too dark one ( to fix.... how?).

Thank you all for the replies!

@ Dreamwarrior Thank you for the link, I had searched the forum but used "12h" as a name so I guessed I missed that one.

Latest posts

Back