Tattoed People Cannot Rent In San Antonio

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don't judge people by race, creed, or color--or what color they choose to paint their skin. SOmething about freedom is thrown in there somewhere--is a tattoo not fredom of choice? That would be a violation of your civil rights.

Originally Posted by makeupfreak72 /img/forum/go_quote.gif i dont think its fair to compare my comment with what happened to you, not sure if thats what you meant, but race is one thing and having gang related tattoos is something else, gangs are seen as something negative and associated with violence etc. and what happened to you was clearly racism, and while i'm not saying people with gang related tattoos shouldnt have the right to rent a home, they have to at least expect to have SOME trouble finding someone who will rent to them especially here in california where gang violence and murder is one of the highest types of crimes (with drive by's etc.) Yeah I agree that discriminating against someone with tattoos is just as bad as discriminating against someone for any other physical characteristic (see my earlier reply) But I agree that it isn't fair at all to say that turning someone away for having gang related or any other profane artwork is not in any way the same thing as turning someone away because they are black.

But then what about the people who have gang related tats but are no longer in a gang? Sometimes tats can be expensive to remove or cover!

i agree my cousins are paying a fortune to get all their old school gang tattoos removed, but see even they realized it wasnt a positive thing especially after you have children and want a normal life.

what is this 1940? wtf is wrong with people with tats? i have two and my hubby has a ton...hes the most responsible person i know-that really stinks

Mainy?
kopfkratz.gif

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif Mainy.

You may think it's lame, but check it out...unfortunately this is the world we live in. If you have allot of tattoos (or anything that makes you look out of the ordinary, hair color, heavy or light weight, physical limitations, and yes....even skin color unfortunately) and you think you are not being judged, think again. This is exactly what so many people do. I'm not condoning it, saying it's right or saying that I do this, but I can tell you, places like renting apartments, renting houses and in the workplace is where it lives and breathes.

Originally Posted by Kee /img/forum/go_quote.gif But then what about the people who have gang related tats but are no longer in a gang? Sometimes tats can be expensive to remove or cover! Yeah that's totally true. I actually know people like that. I'm totally against discriminating against people with tattoos like I said . I just said that I *kinda* can understand how someone would be weary of people with certain types of symbols/pictures/sayings tattooed on them. Not saying I would be, just that I can kinda see how someone would be.

Well,its lame,and give more of those smilies,but its all around us. I have been discriminated in school for having pierced lip-that was on university,where one of the professors refused to see me for one paperwork i had to do for him,until i removed 'that thing',he just turned away and wouldnt say a word. I was so pissed,but there was nothing i could do.

I knew I was going to be quoted...
headache.gif

Anyways, I agree and knew of that - was watching some documentary and gay folks and were denied living space because of their sexual preference.

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) /img/forum/go_quote.gif You may think it's lame, but check it out...unfortunately this is the world we live in. If you have allot of tattoos (or anything that makes you look out of the ordinary, hair color, heavy or light weight, physical limitations, and yes....even skin color unfortunately) and you think you are not being judged, think again. This is exactly what so many people do. I'm not condoning it, saying it's right or saying that I do this, but I can tell you, places like renting apartments, renting houses and in the workplace is where it lives and breathes.

wait till all the people that theyre denying grow up, run the country, and then i dont think they will ***** about it when we refuse to help them with theyre problems as revenge.

Discrimination in many forms is alive and well unfortunitly. I am TG and feel I have been the victim of it, its not a nice feeling. Its unfair and unjust, but the general public's attitudes to people who are different is slowly getting better over time. However we still have a long way to go.

Discrimination against people with tattoos is just plain stupid.

Latest posts

Back