Tattoo locations and pain

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have 2 tats. Both on my inner ankles.

One, my first, didn't hurt at all. I sat there and thought, "Ok, I was scared of this!?" My second one HURT. And I mean HURT. But the guy that did it was very heavy-handed and dug into my skin.

I REALLY want a tat on the back of my neck. But I am really scared of that location as I have heard it hurts like F*CK. Does anyone have a tat there and if so, was it that bad? Of course, I heard ankles hurt too and it wasn't bad, well not the first, anyway.

Omgosh what a perfect thread, I was thinking about getting one on the back of my neck to! Hopefully somebody will have some info for us. =]

The back of the neck, as told to me by EVERYONE I know with it, hurts like a b*tch. Not to mention, your hair can't touch it (let alone shirts) for up to 2 weeks. As much as I'd love to get one, when my own tattoo artist tells me it hurts, I'm out LOL!

2 things with the back of the neck--

It will hurt a little bit because you're tattooing on bone. There's not a lot of "meat" on the back of your neck and so it will hurt worse. I have seen people who screamed and cried out and I have seen people who didn't flinch at all.

It WILL need touching up. You are constantly moving your head and bending and stretching and squishing the tattoo-- so whatever you do, be prepared to have it done twice.

I think it depends on the size of the tat as well and whether it'll be in color or not...tbh, when I got my tat done on my inner ankle, it hurts more than what I had done on my lower back, shoulder blade, thigh, and pelvis (yes I have a few tats) lol, but in all if you've got a few tat's done already...another one is nothing.

For me the inner ankle hurts more since there's less skin/more bone and your vein is near there. Some guy admitted saying when he got his tat on his shoulder blade he was in pain...but when I got it done it was no sweat off my back. I guess some ppl could tolerate pain in different places, just like some ppl are ticklish and sensitive in diff parts of their bodies

hm... my friend had his done on the back of his neck.. seriously, i've never seen a guy that would wail like he did... and he was considered tough
ill.gif

i've though of having one too.. seeing him, oops, i'll take a rain-check
moa.gif

i have 2 : the butterfly didnt hurt me that much... its some really tough skin (well me anyways).. however the fairy below was my 1st and so YEA IT HURT BAD!

13.jpg

I have a tattoo on my lower back, it's a little big, and it hurt like hell, because it's literally right over the spine.

can someone tell me if it hurts in your inner wrist? i'm planing to get a lil star on both of my inner wrists

I have on my neck and it didnt hurt me what so ever. I also have one on my left shoulderblade, lower back, right foot, and my right wrist. The one that hurt the most was the one my foot. Now that hurts like b****.

Originally Posted by Colorlicious /img/forum/go_quote.gif can someone tell me if it hurts in your inner wrist? i'm planing to get a lil star on both of my inner wrists As to answer your question. It doesnt hurt. People have different levels of pain that they can handle. I take pain like getting tattoos and peircings very well. Getting punched in the arm Im a complete wimp. So to it didnt hurt at all but for the next person it could hurt like hell.

Originally Posted by Colorlicious /img/forum/go_quote.gif can someone tell me if it hurts in your inner wrist? i'm planing to get a lil star on both of my inner wrists From what I've seen, it's not HORRIBLE, but it does sting a bit.
The reason I know so much about all this is because I hang out in a tattoo studio in my free time and am actually considering becoming an apprentice...maybe!! I love it.

I think I would like to get some tats on my stomach and ankle. I just don't know what

Originally Posted by Colorlicious /img/forum/go_quote.gif can someone tell me if it hurts in your inner wrist? i'm planing to get a lil star on both of my inner wrists I have one on my inner wrist, and as long as it's about an inch up from the wrist "bend," it doesn't hurt.
The tats I have, which are 6 total, are in a variety of places. On muscle, skin and on my spine. The one along my spine hurt the least amount. My back piece wasn't horrible, it was more of an irritation feeling it down my legs LOL! My shoulder blade didn't hurt, neither did my hip. And out of my ankle, only one part hurt.

I only have one on my upper arm and it didn't hurt at all. I was thinking of getting another one on the back of my neck but I heard it didn't hurt. Now I'm not so sure, lol. Plus don't know if I could keep my hair and clothing off of it for 2 weeks!

I think getting tattoos is different for everyone since people have different pain tolerances. I know someone who got a tattoo on the back of her neck and it was a breeze for her.

But i say if you really want it, go for it.

I heard the neck and wrist were not that painful, but I don't know from personal experience. I only have one, on my foot and that fooking hurt!

I heard it does hurt on the foot. I have a friend who has basically no feeling from the knees down due to a medical disorder, and she even said the gecko tat on her foot hurt like hell!

Thanks everyone for your advice! I am going to be getting at least 3-4 more tats because they are so damn addicting.
smile.gif

I have one on the shoulder, one on the small of my back and one on my upper arm. Neither hurt very much.

I want to do a fourth one on my foot, but I haven't decided what yet.

oh well, i want one on my foot.. but im scared cause i know it's gonna hurt like f*****g hell
frown.gif
someone give my courage pls

Latest posts

Back