Tattoo Removal

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi this is me!!
6 years back .. i have tattooed my side neck!!
Now i want to remove it!!

I am aware of the laser removal technique... but heard that .. it hurts a lot!! is it true?/
Also ... according to you guys.. which is the cheapest and the best method??
Please reply friends... i need your help!

You want to remove it because you don't like the design or you just don't want any tattoo at all?  I've head that if you have any white in the tattoo, laser won't work on that white.

What's your tattoo look like? The darker the colors, the easier it will be to remove, but there are still no guarantees that it will go away completely, and even if the ink is all removed, you may have scar tissue beneath it. I have no idea about the pain factor, I haven't regretted any of my tattoos so far, lol

Blues are hard to get out.

I've had 11 laser treatments so far, and I will need about 9 more to get it done, and even then it might not be fully gone.

The first 10 didn't hurt at all (I have a high pain tolerance though) and the 11th was at a different place with a better laser. The second place injected the entire site with lidocaine to numb me up. I didn't feel a thing. Mine's on my sternum, so it's supposed to hurt there a lot more than some place with more fat and thicker skin, like an arm or a leg. It did blister afterwards though, which looks really gross.

If they have one near you, go to National Laser Institute. It's a school, but the instructor did 95% of the work. I only paid $50/each for the first 10 sessions. The new place I go to charges about $125, which is still a really good deal considering other places would charge me upwards of $500 per session due to how large (bigger than a credit card) my tattoo is.

My advice is to look at the best methods and then determine what you can afford.

Maybe they have an installment plan or a "pay as you go" plan.

If you aren't sure where to start, ask you physician if they know of any dermatologists or plastic surgeons who offer a tattoo removal service.

HTH

I've heard that it hurts worse than actually getting the tattoo, but RealSelf also rated it as an 85% "worth it" rating, which is really high, so people must be happy with it. They also show the average cost as $825, but I'm not sure if that was per session or for all sessions. You'll need to ask a doctor who does that, because you need multiple sessions for it to removal completely. And according to an Alexandria laser tattoo removal doctor the difficulty of removal also involves "where the tattoo is located, the type and color of ink used, the patient's skin tone, the size of the tattoo, how old the tattoo is, and the overall health of the patient."

Latest posts

Back