Taxes

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
Anyone finished their taxes yet? I'm such a slacker this year & have to turn in my stuff to my accountant on Monday.

If you've filed, refund or owe? I hope to get a refund & will either treat myself to a vacation or hit a spa.

If you have a refund coming your way, what are you plans for the $$$?

Reaction score
I did my taxes in February because I usually get a nice refund. Unfortunately, this year I messed up on my exemptions at work and I didn't get as much back. In fact, I only got like $400 back for federal and I owe $300 to the state so its basically a wash.

Reaction score
I always file as soon as I get the W-2's. Normally by the end of January. I got a fat refund. I thought that we wouldn't get back too much b/c my DH makes a lot of money but I guess it works out b/c I have a child. If not for my baby we probably would have owed!

Reaction score
We file corporate taxes so they are way different than personal. We also have to file personal oen too. We have been finished for a while yet

Originally Posted by keaLoha

Anyone finished their taxes yet? I'm such a slacker this year & have to turn in my stuff to my accountant on Monday.

If you've filed, refund or owe? I hope to get a refund & will either treat myself to a vacation or hit a spa.

If you have a refund coming your way, what are you plans for the $$$?

Reaction score
We mailed ours off about 2 weeks ago, and should get a total of $300 refund from federal and state. We'll just be putting the money back in the bank -- after all, it was our money to start with, not a gift from the government! lol Besides we are really trying to save money, especially since there is a possibility that I will not have a teaching assistantship next Fall which normally pays for my tuition
(Which is why I'm only taking one class in the Fall -- it's all I need to graduate and it will minimize the amount of money I'll have to spend if I don't get the TA!)

Reaction score
I did my taxes online with TurboTax like I do every year when I got my w2's... but I haven't mailed it in yet - I usually get back a nice chunk (almost $1000 usually) and this years came up with Fed. refund of $363 and I have to PAY the state $20! I never had to pay before or got back so little in Fed. so I witheld mailing it in until I double checked it... unfortunately... seems its correct!

Jen

Reaction score
Ours are at the accountant right now. She says no refund, which wasn't a surprise.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NYAngel98 THis year seems pretty crappy for everyone huh?
Actually not really .. in the past I've had summer internships where they did not deduct anything from my paycheck so I am used to paying $500 or $600 at tax time, so a $300 refund this year sounds great!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by girl_geek Actually not really .. in the past I've had summer internships where they did not deduct anything from my paycheck so I am used to paying $500 or $600 at tax time, so a $300 refund this year sounds great!
oh.. I've never paid anything before... always a nice refund from both Fed. & state... this year I'm not getting back much at all.

Reaction score
Getting a few $$$$$$ back from both State & Fed.
Don't worry Janelle, we'll go shopping!!!!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by K*O* Getting a few $$$$$$ back from both State & Fed.
Don't worry Janelle, we'll go shopping!!!!
What a nice mom!

Latest posts