Taxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone finished their taxes yet? I'm such a slacker this year & have to turn in my stuff to my accountant on Monday.
redface.gif

If you've filed, refund or owe? I hope to get a refund & will either treat myself to a vacation or hit a spa.

If you have a refund coming your way, what are you plans for the $$$?

I did my taxes in February because I usually get a nice refund. Unfortunately, this year I messed up on my exemptions at work and I didn't get as much back. In fact, I only got like $400 back for federal and I owe $300 to the state so its basically a wash.

I always file as soon as I get the W-2's. Normally by the end of January. I got a fat refund. I thought that we wouldn't get back too much b/c my DH makes a lot of money but I guess it works out b/c I have a child. If not for my baby we probably would have owed!
icon_eek.gif

We file corporate taxes so they are way different than personal. We also have to file personal oen too. We have been finished for a while yet
wink.gif

Originally Posted by keaLoha

Anyone finished their taxes yet? I'm such a slacker this year & have to turn in my stuff to my accountant on Monday.
redface.gif

If you've filed, refund or owe? I hope to get a refund & will either treat myself to a vacation or hit a spa.

If you have a refund coming your way, what are you plans for the $$$?

We mailed ours off about 2 weeks ago, and should get a total of $300 refund from federal and state. We'll just be putting the money back in the bank -- after all, it was our money to start with, not a gift from the government! lol Besides we are really trying to save money, especially since there is a possibility that I will not have a teaching assistantship next Fall which normally pays for my tuition
frown.gif
(Which is why I'm only taking one class in the Fall -- it's all I need to graduate and it will minimize the amount of money I'll have to spend if I don't get the TA!)

I did my taxes online with TurboTax like I do every year when I got my w2's... but I haven't mailed it in yet - I usually get back a nice chunk (almost $1000 usually) and this years came up with Fed. refund of $363 and I have to PAY the state $20! I never had to pay before or got back so little in Fed. so I witheld mailing it in until I double checked it... unfortunately... seems its correct!
icon_rolleyes.gif

Ours are at the accountant right now. She says no refund, which wasn't a surprise.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 THis year seems pretty crappy for everyone huh?
icon_neutral.gif
Actually not really .. in the past I've had summer internships where they did not deduct anything from my paycheck so I am used to paying $500 or $600 at tax time, so a $300 refund this year sounds great!
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by girl_geek Actually not really .. in the past I've had summer internships where they did not deduct anything from my paycheck so I am used to paying $500 or $600 at tax time, so a $300 refund this year sounds great!
biggrin.gif
oh.. I've never paid anything before... always a nice refund from both Fed. & state... this year I'm not getting back much at all.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Getting a few $$$$$$ back from both State & Fed.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Don't worry Janelle, we'll go shopping!!!!
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by K*O* Getting a few $$$$$$ back from both State & Fed.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Don't worry Janelle, we'll go shopping!!!!
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
What a nice mom!

Latest posts

Back