Tea Bags - Not Just for Brewing Anymore!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Thanks to a post by a new member over in the Beauty Goddess section, I was inspired to find some info about tea bags, and was pleasantly surprised to find this, taken from Celestial Seasoning's website.

TEA BAGS

So Many Uses, So Little Time

<CENTER><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width=300 bgColor=#000000 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=12 width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>

Did you know?

In 1904, Thomas Sullivan, New York City, used tea bags to send samples to his customers so he wouldn't have to use more expensive tins.

(from the Food Reference Website)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></CENTER>
teabags.jpg

• Tea Sachets - add your favorite tea bags (or combination of tea bags and herbs) to a pretty sachet bag and put it anywhere to add a wonderful, fragrant aroma. Easy, inexpensive and makes a great gift, too!

• Tea Staining - fabric can be tea-stained using tea, with varying results in color and darkness. Tea dying has been around a long time and was first used to hide stains on linens. Experiment with herb-based teas such as hibiscus for red tones and black teas for soft brown and cream colors.

• Tea compresses - help your swollen, puffy eyes by putting cooled green tea bags on your tired peepers!

• Tea fix for sunburns - cooled tea bags can help sunburns. The tea will lessen the pain and redness.

• Tea & Plant Recovery - quite a few of us learned this one from our moms: "water" your plants with your cooled, leftover tea and watch your houseplants thrive. Recycle your tea bags in the garden to give the outdoor flora beneficial nutrients as well.

• Tea Baths - use a large sachet bag or small lingerie bag and stuff the "bath bag" with your favorite teas and herbs. Add salts, oils or flowers to enhance your bathing respite.

Keep a lookout for more tea tips in future!

Originally Posted by GR8FISCH I use my herbal used tea bags as a pre-made toner pad. That's another interesting use. You should send that to Celestial Seasoning's website.
wink.gif
That's where I found that list.
smile.gif

For a couple of months now I have been drinking black tea and would recommend it. I read it one of the top 5 ways to stay young........so lets everyone start brewing (tea not beer) LOL

Latest posts

Back