Tell Me about MAC Pigments

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi again..

OK- I have MAC palettes and e/s pots. Everyone raves about these pigments I have NO CLUE about them, i think when they gave out the directions, i thought they said "infection" and missed it. ha ha.. just a joke...

So, tell me, how do you use yours? Tricks? Tips? anything, cuz i have a few samples on the way and i wanna have a clue..

Love and Hugs.

I only have 2 pigments: Cornflower and Rose. the colors are both gorgeous, but I can´t get them ON my lids. they fall off the brush on their way from the brush on my lids-while I´m applying it. they also seemed to crease, and I don´t dear to wear Rose (very glittery!) out of the house cause I don´t wanna end up with glittery cheeks from the falloff.

but I guess that´s just stupid me who can´t use them. everyone else raves about them

actually, i heard about mixing medium.. once again , got ZERO clue on that one..

I have a whole bunch of samples. I don't use them that often though, just because i haven't been playing with my makeup and i forget about them.

you have to be careful with some of them because some aren't eye safe or something. i don't have the precautions list though.

Originally Posted by MacForMe ps- i highly HIGHLY doubt you're remotely stupid! LOL!.. thanks *lol*
I haven´t seen Mixing Medium in person but I think it´s supposed to be a gel that transforms e/s and pigments into a formula that can be used to line your lashline etc. (I think it´s a PRO store item though!)

I have even tryed Vaseline under my Rose pigment but it creased even worse.

Originally Posted by Arielle thanks *lol*
I haven´t seen Mixing Medium in person but I think it´s supposed to be a gel that transforms e/s and pigments into a formula that can be used to line your lashline etc. (I think it´s a PRO store item though!)

I have even tryed Vaseline under my Rose pigment but it creased even worse.

GIGGLE* I heard use VISINE in a pinch.. imagine that!

Originally Posted by Liz I have a whole bunch of samples. I don't use them that often though, just because i haven't been playing with my makeup and i forget about them.
you have to be careful with some of them because some aren't eye safe or something. i don't have the precautions list though.

I heard about that and saw a listing online.. i have to print it out. I only have about 2 or 3 colors coming, its a swap.. I hope i like them..
I have a MAC Messenger bag size medium up on the swap boards.. maybe someone will want it for their pigments... maybe maybe

People have told me to use MAC paints as a base and then put the pigments on top. I'm a little hesitant to use the pigments though because I don't really like loose e/s and I'm not crazy about the staying power of the other MAC e/s, but the pigment colors are so pretty!

Originally Posted by MacForMe Hi again..
OK- I have MAC palettes and e/s pots. Everyone raves about these pigments I have NO CLUE about them, i think when they gave out the directions, i thought they said "infection" and missed it. ha ha.. just a joke...

So, tell me, how do you use yours? Tricks? Tips? anything, cuz i have a few samples on the way and i wanna have a clue..

Love and Hugs.

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl People have told me to use MAC paints as a base and then put the pigments on top. I'm a little hesitant to use the pigments though because I don't really like loose e/s and I'm not crazy about the staying power of the other MAC e/s, but the pigment colors are so pretty! A good base will increase the staying power - I don't like Paints though, as I prefer something a little creamier. I think that Pigments have great staying power anyways. The only one that ever wants to fade on me is Golden Olive, and I don't know why, but that seems to happen every so often that a particular e/s will fade on me regardless of the base used.

I apply my piggies wet. I only get the brush a bit damp and use it to put it on my lids. I use UD potion primer and for me, they last for most of the day. I am wearing Coco and Deckchair and I really like them.

Originally Posted by Liz I have a whole bunch of samples. I don't use them that often though, just because i haven't been playing with my makeup and i forget about them.

is that what you´re looking for? :http://www.precautions.specktra.net/

another lists of batch numbers exists though (I´ve seen it on specktra too), cause some pigments with a newer batch # are now eyesafe...seems like MAC changed some pigment´s formulas lately

P.S. check it out-they have pics of swatches too!!!

I have 16 samples and use them very often. I literally couldn't live without those beautiful colors
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Ohh . Arielle, you ROCK! Thanks! love seeing the swatches! I have a full jar of "silver" pigment, no clue . wait, maybe its glitter? i never used it.opened it once, made a mess, closed it.

Latest posts

Back