tell us about your newest finds!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
what have you tried lately that youre absolutely crazy about?

i am in *love* with AZW (a zaftig woman) raisin cane body lotion. its not a scent that id usually pick, but i got a sample, and i had to have a bottle. its a really tasty oatmeal raiain cookie scent. i dont even like oatmeal raisin cookies. its that good. lol. its a really true scent, and i just want to eat it.

if youd like to try it, theyre having a 1/2 price sale on some stuff. the tarts and bath melts are really nice. ive also heard a ton of raves about the soy candles.

http://azaftigwoman.com/bodyproductlist.htm

im also enjoying my xmas haul from MMU. buttermint candy is pretty nice. its really minty and not as buttery, but i like it. issy is a dupe of l'eau d'issey, and its very true. baby maybe is a dupe of maybe baby, and its right on the money. it smells exactly like the perfume, and is great for layering. lolita is a dupe of lolita lempicka, and i dont so much care for it. it does smell like LL, but its really powdery. im picky about powdery scents, and i want to like it, but i guessi cat really stand it.
frown.gif
3 out of 4 isnt bad.

Not a B&B product, but I'm finding that I really love my Kenneth Cole Black for Women a lot. I only have the fragrance, but really think I want to get a lotion if it's available. I've never been into layering, but this makes me want to try it.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by keaLoha Not a B&B product, but I'm finding that I really love my Kenneth Cole Black for Women a lot. I only have the fragrance, but really think I want to get a lotion if it's available. I've never been into layering, but this makes me want to try it.
tongue.gif
Mine is a perfume too - I LOVE "Pure Grace" by Philosophy - it's so clean and fresh smelling... I'm on my 3rd bottle... I'm making this my "Signature" scent!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
P49706_hero.jpg

Their "Falling in Love" scent is beautiful too! I think that might be next on the list... LOL I already have "Baby Grace" - kinda smells like violets - I wish it were a little stronger, feels very VERY light... hardly smell it after an hour or so.

i love reading about what you guys are using.
smile.gif

i finfally tried out escada rockin rio (the newest one) and, well, it smells like an escada scent. lol. its another variation on the island kiss/ibiza hippie theme, but with way more mango and passionfruit, etc. i like it, but not enough to buy a full sized bottle.

i really wish companies would make 1/3 oz minis for regular purchase so fickle fragrance hos like me could afford them all, and actually finish a bottle. ive *never* finished an entire bottle of perfume before it turns because i have so many. i also have a ton of decants (i used up one of those once!) and samples.

hi jeannette.
smile.gif
i loooove coco mlle. id like to get a full sized bottle, but i have a decant of it. i told myself that i have to use up the decant first.

I recently tried Realities (pink) by Liz Claiborne and was pleasantly surprised. It smells like peonies with a hint of powder.

My newest find is Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb perfume. I want it! I need it! I have to have it!
icon_evil.gif

My Newest find is a really cool Cam Corder that uses NO TAPES at all.....oh ooops this thread is meant to be about Makeup/etc lol

Originally Posted by Trisha

Me too, I still want Blush by Marc Jacobs ! x

Although not a new find, my favourite find ever has to be burberry brit. I'm currently on my second large bottle of the stuff, and have the moisturiser, bath and shower gel as well as the perfume and deodorant spray! You could say I'm slightly obsessed..

I love the cinnamon frosting, too! Man, it takes some will power to not eat it, LOL.
biggrin.gif

I also love MOR Sorbet bubble bath, lip gloss and body butter. It smells kind of coconutty and sooo good.

My fave perfumes are CK Sheer Obsession, RL Romance & Ralph, and Clinique Happy (although I've been wearing Happy less for now). I'd say of those, the Sheer Obsession is my "signature."

For body washes, I heart Dove Nutrium! (Not a new find, but I like it so much wanted to share).
smile.gif
It is really moisturizing and leaves my skin nice and soft.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) My Newest find is a really cool Cam Corder that uses NO TAPES at all.....oh ooops this thread is meant to be about Makeup/etc lol OOOOh!!!! Do tell! LoL (Sorry T, I'm an electronics/technology whore just as much as makeup!) LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I am currently addicted to Victoria's Secret "Secret Crush" scent. It is intoxicating and sexy yet not too intense. I use the body lotion--it makes my skin incredibly silky. I had to stop using it at work because it was distracting the clients (in a good way!) Honestly! It's really unique and people seem to notice and they can't help asking what it is. If VS ever discontinues it, I'll go mental.

Also, I usually detest Avon fragrances, as they all seem to have that same weird underlying note that smells cheap. BUT they have a new one called Instinct and it's great, really spicy and sexy! I am a fan of spicy, sensual scents ie: Opium, Obsession, Red, Gucci Rush...and I must say Instinct smells quite a lot like Obsession. It's a nice affordable option if you're short on cash.

Ok... now don't laugh at me!!!
icon_redface.gif
But I was in Michael's (the arts n' crafts store) today to get some paper for my scrapbook... and they were having a sale on their "soft-grip" artist's brushes.... ($1.99!) & I had a 50% off coupon... So I was having an inner conflict as to whether they would work for eye makeup... LOL Welp! The price got the better of me & I got some! LOL I got some basic look-a-likes to try em' out... but they seem to be the same as the ones I get in the beauty shops, so I might have to go back for more if these work! They have soooo many different types, and for that price, if it works... well - I'll be painting all right! Here are some pics....

Got a small thin one (figure for wet e/s to line or for liquid or cake e/l's... ) Got a short slanted one, guess I can use that for corners, a small fluffy blender, and a larger powder brush. Am I crazy for doing this?? LOL
icon_redface.gif

Hahahahahaha...oops ok, im not laughing

All joking aside!! WOW that sounds like a score! JOb well done Janelle!!

Originally Posted by NYAngel98

Ok... now don't laugh at me!!!
icon_redface.gif
But I was in Michael's (the arts n' crafts store) today to get some paper for my scrapbook... and they were having a sale on their "soft-grip" artist's brushes.... ($1.99!) & I had a 50% off coupon... So I was having an inner conflict as to whether they would work for eye makeup... LOL Welp! The price got the better of me & I got some! LOL I got some basic look-a-likes to try em' out... but they seem to be the same as the ones I get in the beauty shops, so I might have to go back for more if these work! They have soooo many different types, and for that price, if it works... well - I'll be painting all right! Here are some pics....
Got a small thin one (figure for wet e/s to line or for liquid or cake e/l's... ) Got a short slanted one, guess I can use that for corners, a small fluffy blender, and a larger powder brush. Am I crazy for doing this?? LOL
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Hahahahahaha...oops ok, im not laughing
All joking aside!! WOW that sounds like a score! JOb well done Janelle!!

Hardy Har Har!!! lol Well it just so happens I forgot to post the last one.... the DEERFOOT!!!! LOL

eeeeeeee! the deerfoot brush freaks me out. lol. i have a huge phobia of deer because ive hit so many. i cant even look at them. the band deerhoof gives me the creeps. lol.

i have a windsor and newton goat hair brush that i used to use for blush. i now use it for flicking off the e/s fall out inder my eyes because the bristles are so damn stiff.

You should do some product reviews in the review-center?

Originally Posted by JuJu

Hi all! I just finished putting up a new topic about the products I recieved from Brenda's Handcrafted, then found this topic. So far I LOVE all of the products I've tried. I even got a free bar of soap with my purchase. She's got a wide variety of soaps, shampoo bars, creams, even mineral makeup! I had a great expirence ordering from her site. I recommend her to everyone! www.soap-lotion.com

Originally Posted by Emma1980 My newest finds:(2) The Body Shop Banana Shampoo & Conditioner - wow, smells like a real banana and actually has banana pulp! Got this one from TBS's last sale and it's discontinued, but it leaves my hair so soft I'm going to scour Ebay for it once I'm done with these bottles.

(4) MMU Shavettes in Pineapple Sugar - wow, who knew you can use shaving cream from a jar and still get a great shave? But a 2 oz. jar costing $5 only lasted me about 5 shaves. At $1 a shave, it's a costly indulgence ... perhaps too costly for my pocket book!

~Em

oh no! theyve discontinued the banana line? i havent gotten any in a while because i have so much stuff i need to use up, but i really love the shampoo and conditioner. (i love anything banana scented!)
ive been entertaining the idea of getting a shavettes for a while now. is the scent of pineapple sugar spot on?

Latest posts

Back