The "average" bra size

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have small boobs,32A, and they fit my body just right. When I was like 13 or 14 I used to want them bigger but not anymore. I had learned to accept myself as I am, now I looove my small boobs
smile.gif

I'm more scared of them wanting to grow, lol.

Shape, skin quality & position are a lot more important than size imo

Elle McPherson makes nice small sizes, target's gilian and o'malley line has some good push-ups but most of my bra are from La Perla, they makes really good bras for small chests but it's quite expensive though

I'm a 34 DD, it sucks, back pain, gravity, and never finding the correct fit for a bra it's endless crap. I am thinking about a boob job to boost slightly and make them stay put so I an burn my ill fitting bras and go breast commando. lol. It's called a lift with augmentation, who knows it's not like they sag to my belly button or anything they are just ill supported and heavy so they need to put them closer to my chin, haha. Not to mention having to constantly adjust my bra everywhere I go because they want to pop out of the center of my bras all the time.

Originally Posted by S. Lisa Smith /img/forum/go_quote.gif God you all make me feel huge. I wear an 18 top and 42D bra.
10.gif
if it makes you feel any better I am 2x...in tops...

but on the other hand, I am just 40D.

I don't do much with bettie and veronica, I just hide them under clothes, since I don't like trolls looking at me.

Wow, looking through some of yall comments, being petite and having huge ta-ta's ain't fun it seems. I know someone that it hurts her back to, but she's plus sized.

Originally Posted by tru1214a /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm a 34 DD, it sucks, back pain, gravity, and never finding the correct fit for a bra it's endless crap. I am thinking about a boob job to boost slightly and make them stay put so I an burn my ill fitting bras and go breast commando. lol. It's called a lift with augmentation, who knows it's not like they sag to my belly button or anything they are just ill supported and heavy so they need to put them closer to my chin, haha. Not to mention having to constantly adjust my bra everywhere I go because they want to pop out of the center of my bras all the time. I hate to do this to you, but you may want to try a bigger cup size, maybe even with a smaller backsize..
You shouldn't have to deal with pushing boobs back into your bra.. lol.. it's a pain..

Also, Mabey try a less plunging style.. You don't have to go fullcoverage or granny bra.. but mabey a balconette where the boobs are held upwards, rather than plunging to the center
smile.gif

Do you have a specialty store nearby?

Well I guess I'm "average" then. I'm anywhere between a 12D-14D depending on the make of the bra. (34-36D)

Most of my friends have tiny boobs, so compared to them, they think I am Pamela Anderson lol I don't really think they're THAT big though.

I'm a 34 C now bordering a D since my breasts aren't fitting well in the cups anymore. Lol, it's hard to find nice bras sometimes but Fredericks of Hollywood had a big bra sale and I was able to find tons of really pretty bras for about $10.

umm, so most of the posts I'm reading are by fully grown woman. I'm 5'3" (160 cm), 13 and an Australian 12D. 80% of my friends are a bigger size than me and I'm actually considered to have quite small boobs. Maybe it's just the area I'm from but I find it quite hard to believe that my size is an average on a fully grown woman and I'm only 13.  

The average US size is 36C. It was 34B 20 years ago, but the average has gone up because so many people in the US are overweight. Magazines like Cosmo and Glamour have been reporting this year that the average size is 34DD, but that is based on an un-scientific survey conducted by a bra manufacturer.

I was a 36C when I was 17 and then, as soon as I turned 18, my boobs began growing bigger. I am a 36DD (sometimes E) and a size 5. Plus, I am 5'3-5'4. It use to be annoying, but with exercise and an amazing bra, it doesn't bother me anymore.

I am a 32C. I have been wearing a 34C for years, but recently got measured as a 32C and wearing a smaller band size has helped a lot with the problems of the straps constantly falling down.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kristen121 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am a 32C. I have been wearing a 34C for years, but recently got measured as a 32C and wearing a smaller band size has helped a lot with the problems of the straps constantly falling down.
I'm 34c!  I need to get measured again.

Right now I wear a 38C, but I am about 40 lbs overweight, or over my "normal" size which is 5'7" and 130 lbs. When I am my "normal" weight I wear a 36B.  I would say my breast are a little bit smaller than the average 5'7" 130 lb. girl. So I suppose my breasts don't grow that much when I gain weight.

Quote: Originally Posted by makeupwhore54 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think its funny when girls say they want big boobs. Girls no you dont they are an aweful pain. I had a C cup when I was 13-14 and it was aweful, it hurt so bad. Now I have a D i could actually wear a DD but dont, and its still a pain and hurts worse. Girls who arm smaller dont know how lucky they are. Id kill to have some small ones! I wanna get a reduction but im scared of surgry.
Before you get a consultation for breast reduction surgery please get a referral to see physiotherapist and see if there is some musculoskeletal issue (which could be very minor) that can be fixed with massage and/or exercise first.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

36DD here and totally happy with it. I want to lose a few pounds, but have been resisting because I actually don't want to lose any breast volume!

Also, I noticed a theme reading through this thread - a lot of girls with cup sizes on the small to average (A,B,C) complaining about back pain. I'm going to offer some advice that might not seem good, but I promise it will help.

If you are wearing a B or C cup and have back pain you need to get a fitting a go UP in cup size and DOWN in band size. You breasts need to receive their support from underneath, which mean you need a snugly fitting band. And that means that the first few times you wear your bra that band will feel uncomfortably tight, because it has to be in order to still be supportive once it stretches and has been washed. If you have a band that is too loose, you will be relying on your straps for support, and that is putting pressure on your shoulders and back, causing pain.

With the decrease in bad sizing comes the increase in cup sizing (known as sister sizes). Which means that a 34C may actually need a 32D to feel comfortable. Or, even, a 30DD if she is very petite. Obviously, this is a size difficult to find which is why unscrupulous retailers (*cough Victoria's Secret cough*) will sell you the "next best thing" that is actually hurting your body.

With the larger cup sizes (DDD/E,F,G,H) the pain is a matter of sheer volume, and I am sure you ladies are already well aware of the limited number of supportive options that you have. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My best suggestion for women of ALL cup sizes who are having difficulties and discomfort with their bras is to get properly fitted and then order one or two bras in your correct size. Bras shouldn't be washed after every wear (goes with the same diminishing support in the band that I mentioned above) so you don't need one in every color. A white and a nude, or perhaps nude and black is enough to get started.

If you don't trust the gals at the local mall, there are companies on line that will tell you what measurements to take, and then you can send them in, along with any concerns, and they will help you find your size. They usually are the ones who offer the greatest size selection.

If anyone ever has any questions, I am always free to answer them. I managed a lingerie shop for three years, and have seen just about every problem under the sun. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ETA: If your pain stems from something that can't be aided with a better-fitting bra, I am so sorry because that is awful. If you've tried different sizes and nothing works, I definitely agree with the above advice and see a medical professional who can rule out anything internal causing pain.

Last edited by a moderator:
42 D? I lost a lot of weight recently so I went down in size. Sadly I had to purchase a few bras that I now can't wear. Big boobs usually means saggy boobs (if they are natural). I would get a lift in a second if I could afford it. I have never had any pain issues from large breasts. Is there a plus sized fashion thread anywhere on this forum?

Latest posts

Back