The Best Jeans right now -Article

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" background=/content/templates/template-files/bg_pink_article.gif border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=bottom>Daily Denim Primer

The best jeans right now

NEW YORK: Friday, January 14, 2005

Alice McCall

“I love edgy denim — jeans should never be boring,†Alice McCall told The Daily last October during Melbourne Fashion Week when she launched her line. Her namesake debut collection included 60’s-inspired silhouettes, pinched waists and short hemlines in a contrasting palette of buttermilk and oyster pearl, plus graphic blacks and reds with Biba-esque yellow prints — all of it a huge hit — as were her sexy, skinny jeans. In indigo, black and gray, the stovies were being ordered up bang in the middle of presentation.

It’s no surprise that McCall, who is Euan Rellie’s cousin, was influenced by Marianne Faithful, Ossie Clark and Hardy Amies. She has worked as a stylist for MTV London, Natalie Imbruglia, Kelis, Destiny’s Child, Blondie and Marianne Faithful, but it was when she started making luxury silk tops and 50’s-style customized dresses that pals Kate Moss and stylist Katie England took notice. After a stint designing for Buddhist Punk and Sass & Bide, she decided it was time to do her own.

[email protected]

http://www.fashionweekdaily.com/content/articlefiles/r.asp?f=gallery/01.14.05JamesJeans10679.JPG

Adrian Hailwood

Up-and-coming New Zealander, 32 -year old Adrian Hailwood knows how to dress his girls in denim duds. His namesake denims includes 8 different cuts in 3 different colors and you’ll want the lot.†I get everyone from skinny uptown gals to old dolls trotting around in them,†he told The Daily aboard a yacht in Auckland harbor during New Zealand Fashion Week.

For his fall 2005 collection he brought in a new range of super stovies aimed at the fashion/jet set gal who he describes as, “the gorgeous girls who like a stiff drink with their Marlboros.â€

www.hailwood.co.nz

http://www.fashionweekdaily.com/content/articlefiles/r.asp?f=gallery/01.14.05FRXJeans2.jpghttp://www.fashionweekdaily.com/content/articlefiles/r.asp?f=gallery/01.14.05FRXJeans1.jpg

Jean Paul Da’Mage

After the men’s line appeared on such Hollywood hotties as Colin Farrell, Will Smith and Matt Damon, the women’s line that launched in 2004 quickly became popular with the female celeb set (think Jessica Biel and Neve Campbell). It’s no wonder, as each design is made with luxurious double ring-spun cotton that’s imported from Milan to be hand-cut, sewn and washed here in the US. The end result is a body (and booty) sculpting fit that also elongates the legs.

<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:p></O:p>

Now the company is expanding the women’s category once again with its first official Spring 2005 collection. It will include 15 different styles with 4 different variations in color and fabric including a ripped vintage option. In addition, they will release several high-end t-shirts, jackets with chinchilla fur and even sport coats with Halston-esque silhouettes due to their partnership with Neema & Co. LLC. But it’s the exclusive Saks Fifth Avenue “Nina†style that should be on your wish list. It hits stores next Friday.

www.jpdamage.com

r.asp

TANYA JENSEN

</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>

<SCRIPT language=JavaScript type=text/JavaScript><!--function MM_openBrWindow(theURL,winName,features) { //v2.0 window.open(theURL,winName,features);}//--></SCRIPT><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Jean Paul Da’Mage & James Jeans are the only one's I can handle. The others remind me of bad 80s fashion, which I'll admit, I partook of.
redface.gif

Latest posts

Back