The best mascaras...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drugstore: My favorite is Maybelline's Define a Lash

As for mascaras I don't own a Department Store one, at least I wouldn't want to purchase a pricy one, the drug store ones seems to work fine for me.

Drugstore: Maybelline 5x waterproof

Department: Lancome series...I have got the volume and length ones, they are quite nice

I absolutely adore HR Lashqueen and Benefit's Badgal. They give you a tremendously dramatic look (if you know how to use them, of course). But as a college student, my budget is pretty limited. Right know I'm using Sephora's Lash plumper. It's totally worth the 12.99€ it costs.

Best overall mascara

Maybelline Unstppable- Super long and best brush ever

WNW megalength- 2 step takes longer, but gets tehm thicker, brush is also good, another problem is it runs out too fast, for people who pile it on.

YSL Everlong mascara is doing a great job for my lashes! One of the best I've ever tried on.

The only dept. store mascara I've used was DiorShow. I was mixed about it... the formula was pretty good, I liked how it made my lashes look. But I hated the smell of the stuff, and the brush was big to the point of being unwieldy!

Fav drugstore ones are: Physician's Formula Lash in a Tube. GREAT mascara, very buildable, gives lots of volume and length. I was really surprised no one else had mentioned it!

Also really like L'Oreal Lash Out, and Voluminous, although I haven't bought it in a long time.

For ones I haate though.. Maybelline Great Lash - too wet and it did basically nothing except... make my lashes darker. And wet. No lengthening, thickening, or curling at all. Kind of straightened them actually. And I also really did not like Maybelline Sky High Curves.... very, very dry (opposite of Great Lash!) I had to put about 5 (no joke) coats on before I could see anything, and it was so flaky. And no curling either...

1) never found a drugstore mascara that worked for me

2) anything by Clinique does wonders for me

It does justify the price because I've never bought a mascara. I just time my purchases with gift with purchase events so I get a free bag of make up, which always includes a mascara. If I spot an eyeshadow/blush color I want, or if I need to buy more cleansing products I hold on until the GWP days so that I get something back for what I spend
smile.gif

Back