The best new coats for your body (Glamour)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Kimichi & Blue coat, $140, urbanoutfitters.com.

fasl01_coatslideshow.jpg

Best for: Belly pooches

Try this little-bit-flared number that hides your midsection while the ruffles draw attention up.

Ann Taylor Loft coat, $159, anntaylorloft.com.

fasl02_coatslideshow.jpg

Best for: Pear shapes

A long, slightly A-line classic style will flatter you most. The higher (not hip-highlighting) pockets streamline your bottom half.

Rebecca Taylor coat, $478.

fasl03_coatslideshow.jpg

Best for: Small busts

Look for a coat that focuses on your chest. This double-breasted, Empire-waist style adds the illusion of volume, while the lighter gray color will make the most of (not downplay) your assets.

Banana Republic coat, $218.

fasl04_coatslideshow.jpg

Best for: Short torsos

A nipped-in waist and long string of large buttons will lengthen your shape.

Victoria’s Secret Catalogue coat, $158.

fasl05_coatslideshow.jpg

Best for: Boy shapes

Anything with a bold pattern—like these contrasting plaid prints—adds curves.

Talbots coat, $398 (misses and petites sizes), $444 (plus sizes), talbots.com.

fasl06_coatslideshow.jpg

Best for: All shapes!

A basic black style, especially one that highlights your waist, is a must-have for every woman.

SOURCE

I really like the black one from Talbots and the VS is nice too. Since I have as boy shape as you can get I may just look for something like that.

I love, love, love this one! I want it in black and brown or tan. I think I will look into getting a black one, for sure. Awesome!!!!!!

fasl04_coatslideshow.jpg

I really like all of the others too! The gray one is almost as awesome as the green one. I would totally wear all of them.
biggrin.gif

UPDATE: The green coat only comes in green! How is green a good color for a $200 coat?? You couldn't match it with much. I really wanted it in black.
frown.gif

Oh, man it's wool. I'm allergic to wool. I guess I'm not meant to have this coat.
frown.gif

I like the one from Talbots. I like Talbots traditional clothing in general. Kind of a womens version of Brooks Brothers.

fasl04_coatslideshow.jpg

This is my favorite, I think the big buttons are so cute, pitty its only in green. I do like them all.

Latest posts

Back