The Blush: powder, gel, liquid ? >:(

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
To be honest, i have never ever wore blush in my life except during my prom in highschool...and thank god the MAC MA did a fantastic job!

however, i am looking for a new look , and i thought maybe i should add blush or a liquid highlighter. i have oily, pale, skin so i don't know if i should use a powder, gel, liquid blush or highlighter?

i don't want a dramtic look, just something i can pull off everyday.

Products i have considered:

P38347_hero.jpg

Benefit Dandelion

P1281_hero.jpg

Benefit High Beam

P48405_hero.jpg

Too Faced Pressed After Glow

P64900_hero.jpg

Tony & Tiny Multi-faced Color

P93909_hero.jpg

Pop-Up Blush

004412_L.jpg

biotherm Bubble Blush Gel

049102_L.jpg

Biotherm Light Reflect

is there a certain color you want to get? like pink, peach, or bronzey?

i know a LOT of people like NARS orgasm blush. I like it too. hehehe

my faves are:

orgasm, nars lovejoy, mac margin, mac style with something on top of it like mac's quiver pearlizer or something, mac peachykeen is a nice shimmer pinky color.

those are the only ones i have right now though.

If you have oily skin, I would consider using the powder blush, the gels, & creams are oily anyway, so why add oil - to- oil ??

I personally did not like high beam or any of the Benefit blushes but I really like the blushes from Stila.

Originally Posted by Trisha I'm oily acne prone and i use creams powders and gels!! Overall i do love the powder blushes i have but i really think creams and gels give a more natural look cos they blend seamlessly into the skin whereas a powder blush can sometimes "sit on top" of the skin, esp when the base itself isnt right x
I love powders by NARS & some by MAC

I love creams by Stila, Becca, & Guerlain x

i love Guerlain too!! i remeber i use to buy their matterfier when i was in Canada..however, i am also looking for their meteorites ( a highlighter ) and i can't find it any where in the states
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha but i really think creams and gels give a more natural look cos they blend seamlessly into the skin whereas a powder blush can sometimes "sit on top" of the skin, esp when the base itself isnt right x
totally agree... very true Trisha!

i only use powders. i've never tried gel/creams before because i think powders are fine for my normal/combo skin. i LOVE nars blushes. expensive, but very worth it.

my favorite highlight is revlon illuminating loose. there's a buy 1, get 1 free sale at duane reade now! those are $10+.

If you decide to get Nars Orgasm, let me know cause I am selling mine. Didn't do too much for me. Only used it like twice.

I use Dandelion and I really like it.

:icon_loveYou should definetely try a cream blush!!They last longer than powders and they give a more natural look!! You should try Stila's Convertible Color is great,so natural and perfect with oily skins!!I have oily skin and I have no problem with this product!!

The Stila CC's give a great finish and aren't oily.

NARS powder blushes are the best! Great pigmentation and they're not flat colours - so they fab when you wear them.

Latest posts

Back