The Butterfly Effect

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After hearing that Trisha and Melissa liked this movie, I put it in my Netflix queue and I saw it this weekend. I was pleasantly surprised that I really enjoyed the movie. It kept me in suspense the whole time since I was trying to figure out what was going on. I actually thought it was a sad and may actually buy it. I didn't think I would like it since it has Ashton Kutcher but he was good in it. Here is a brief synopsis:

A young man (Kutcher) struggling with the psychological effects of sublimated childhood memories devises a technique of traveling back in time to inhabit his childhood body, but he finds that every trip back has unintended results on his present self, leading him to travel back again and again, trying to repair the damage that he's only making worse and worse.

Anyone else see it?

Originally Posted by Marisol
Anyone else see it?

I loved this movie too. I didn't think I would, as I wasn't really a big Ashton fan, but I have to admit after seeing it, I now think otherwise about him
smile.gif

I saw both the releases and I liked the DC too. I thought it was much more profound, and very sad
frown.gif

It's a very nice movie, i've watched it with my mom last summer i guess, the whole time were watching the movie,mom kept askin me,isn't this the moron who acts like he's in the 70s lol
biggrin.gif

I really do like the movie,and I think Ashton did it very good,

ah and the part were he finds himself with no hands :'(

gosh I cried like an idiot ..

Originally Posted by Trisha Marisol dya know if you saw the theatrical release - I dont wana spoil it for others, so see if you can break my code
Theatrical release - bday party

Directors cut - Baby/cord

I saw the DC 1st and much prefer it.

It just gets you thinking how tiny choices in life make such a difference x

I broke your code. I saw the Director's Cut and loved it.It was really a good movie... it was entertaining and it made me think.

such a great movie. i love the very last scene in the city...you know what i mean if you saw it...dont wanna blow it for everyone else...

I really liked it as well, I haven't seen the director's cut yet, are there any other differences besides the end?

Originally Posted by lilyindavis Good movie.. Ashton Kutcher should stick to serious roles instead of comedic ones IMO. Definitely! He sucked in "Dude, where is my car?" and "Just Married".

Originally Posted by Eva121 I really liked it as well, I haven't seen the director's cut yet, are there any other differences besides the end? Not sure... Only saw the DC version. Trisha might know.

Originally Posted by La*Bella

I disliked it for the simple fact I was traumatized after the little brat burned the little Jack Russell Terrier alive. Maybe because I have a JRT, maybe because I cant stand Ashton, dunno. I think without those 2 elements, I would've enjoyed it as it did have a good plot.

I know, that part sucked!

Originally Posted by La*Bella I disliked it for the simple fact I was traumatized after the little brat burned the little Jack Russell Terrier alive. Maybe because I have a JRT, maybe because I cant stand Ashton, dunno. I think without those 2 elements, I would've enjoyed it as it did have a good plot. I loved this movie. But I like movies where I have to think, the day after I saw it, I had to figure out everything, I actually got a headache. I am an English major, so I cant help but analyze and figure out everything in a movie. The person who asked if the Director's Cut had anything else different, there was was one scene cut out of the theatrical release, b/c they had to cut it out in order to make the other ending make sense. (Fortune teller part). I dont want to spoil the movie for anyone, so I wont say what the huge thing she said made him have to do what he did in the end. Also, his mother said something different too. I was traumatized by the dog until later in the movie, remember he changed everything. Anyway, I could go on and on, lol. I annoy people b/c I can talk for hours analyzing movies, lol.

I agree too, this was a great movie. My husband even liked it and his movie choices are always so narrow.

Latest posts

Back